2017 model year changes to Africa Twin - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 15Likes

post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 01:21 PM

A friend of mine was told last week by a Canadian Honda dealer that Honda Canada and US would receive the tri-color (White red and blue) for 2017, and that the Rally Red bike wouldn't be available.

Let's wait and see... ;-)

1988 RD03 Africa twin
1996 RD07a Africa Twin

https://www.facebook.com/Massive-Ride-1153740581384956/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1153795721379442
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 01:40 PM

Hi Griff,

Bike was registered in Mar '16.
I have rusty spokes and the bike has not been out in the salt. I called HONDA UK who took the bike's details, my dealer requested images which have been sent to HONDA UK. I await a decision.
As a matter of interest I had this problem with my 640 Adv, KTM agreed to replace the wheels or allow me a credit to that value. I took the credit and had the spokes & nipples replaced with ss at Central Wheel, B'mingham. No issues since and they look very good.

M
6986 likes this.
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:53 AM

Garage
I just hope I get my AT Dakar DCT soon. Been waiting since April! Dealership has gotten every kind in, but the Dakar DCT. The Dealer has two AT's on his show room currently, both a manual and a DCT that are silver. I have been offered every thing but what I paid for. Now the tyhoon has hit the plant in Japan. A earth quake in April and a typhoon in September. The dealership has just not been sent a AT Dakar DCT and I can not blame the poor folks in Japan either. Sometimes, STUFF just happens.

Last edited by Old Can Ride; 09-23-2016 at 01:01 AM.

post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Can Ride View Post
I just hope I get my AT Dakar DCT soon. Been waiting since April! Dealership has gotten every kind in, but the Dakar DCT. The Dealer has two AT's on his show room currently, both a manual and a DCT that are silver. I have been offered every thing but what I paid for. Now the tyhoon has hit the plant in Japan. A earth quake in April and a typhoon in September. The dealership has just not been sent a AT Dakar DCT and I can not blame the poor folks in Japan either. Sometimes, STUFF just happens.
At this point (nearly October), you might as well insist on a 2017 AT DCT. You'll have the benefit of whatever fixes they instituted for the new model year and save a little on depreciation.
DervMan likes this.
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 12:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlainBill0 View Post
At this point (nearly October), you might as well insist on a 2017 AT DCT. You'll have the benefit of whatever fixes they instituted for the new model year and save a little on depreciation.
In Texas heat our best riding season starts next month and runs thru March. So, if I am well the 2016 will be the best choice. However with the operations I have coming, I will miss December, January, and Febuary. So, I will take a 2016 in Oct. and November, but would wait for a 2017 after the operations.
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Can Ride View Post
In Texas heat our best riding season starts next month and runs thru March. So, if I am well the 2016 will be the best choice. However with the operations I have coming, I will miss December, January, and Febuary. So, I will take a 2016 in Oct. and November, but would wait for a 2017 after the operations.
None of my business of course and I don't know where is Texas you are, but CycleTrader lists 28 AT DCT models within 400 miles of Houston TX. From the photos, 16 have the Dakar Rally paint scheme. I know a lot of those will be "come on" ads (bike is sold or never existed) but possibly there are a few real ones. Seems to me that your dealer could trade one of his silver or even a manual AT for the one you want from another dealer - or you could pick one up on your own. Of course if you are trading in your NC700 and your dealer made you a good offer, it could be a different story...

Bill
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 09:18 AM

There might be something coming?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Local dealer has been advised by West Australian State distributor that for 2017 we will get Red instead of Silver for the base model, and that for ABS the Dakar Rally Red is replaced by Blue. Cant see Honda including the Africa Twin in a 2017 promo just for recolouring though.

One would presume Honda would sort the spokes as they were able to better spec and QA their suppliers and not wait for a model update?
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldor57 View Post
There might be something coming?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That promo stuff is for the Adventure Scooter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Silver DCT No.000011 -Complete Trans America Trail '16. Check the blog.
Please add your location to your stats!
post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:02 PM

I have read much articles about new Africa Twin and my conclusion is that it will not came with cruise control and that is for sure
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 04:30 PM

Garage
I rode both at the weekend and the dct won me over..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page