Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

2017 model year changes to Africa Twin

142K views 159 replies 77 participants last post by  fuelpincher 
#1 ·
#157 ·
So I just picked up my 2017 manual tricolor AT yesterday. It doesn't appear that there is any difference from the 2016 as has been stated here previously. The windscreen isn't adjustable. There is no accessory plug. The honda dealer knew surprisingly little about the spec, but then again this was the first 2017 in their dealership. I can only assume that the spoke problem has been addressed but I can't confirm. What I can say is that the tricolor looks better in person than in pictures. The paint is pearlescent and really looks nice. Very happy with bike.

#158 ·
I have been piling off road miles on my new '17 queen. I put on Motortek bash plate and crash bars, HDB hand guards, Oxford sport heated grips, Amazon 12v 10a receptacle, 15/44 gearing and a Seat Concepts rally foam/cover kit. I am anxious to learn from this site which washable air filter is best.
I cannot see if my spokes are corroding through all the dirt. I will let everyone know after I wash it sometime.
I love this beast. Finally a real dirt bike that works great on the road.

#159 ·
I just installed the OEM 12vdc socket and what a pain the neck that was.
I never got a survey call from Honda, but it should be suggested for Honda to make that a standard feature and simply add $100 to the MSRP. The way it is currently, the total cost is much higher, IMO unnecessarily, once you include the installation fee charged by the dealer.

In any case, my 12vdc accessory kit came with a small warning sticker that says 12vdc, 2amps. That might, in a way, be indicative of how much 12vdc load Honda feels the charging system can handle for plug-in accessories.

Just a heads up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.