OEM Heated Grips & OEM 12V Socket - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

OEM Heated Grips & OEM 12V Socket

Folks-

Can anyone help me out of my confusion....

I'm going to fit the Honda heated grips and the Honda 12V accessory socket at the same time. (I understand the grips may be sub-par).

I can't tell from the directions if I need this wiring harness to install both, or is everything included with the grip/attach and socket kits:
08U7-4MJP-G50

Someone who has done this, do I need this wiring harness splitter to get the job done?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 03:09 PM

Hi Afrika 2,

Yes, you will require a sub-harness from Honda to run both. From memory they are quite expensive. Not sure of the exact price but it was a couple of extra hundred bucks. However, if you choose to add additional lights later then you will have sufficient power to do so.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Wadeo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 06:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrika2 View Post
Folks-

Can anyone help me out of my confusion....

I'm going to fit the Honda heated grips and the Honda 12V accessory socket at the same time. (I understand the grips may be sub-par).

I can't tell from the directions if I need this wiring harness to install both, or is everything included with the grip/attach and socket kits:
08U7-4MJP-G50

Someone who has done this, do I need this wiring harness splitter to get the job done?

Thank you!
08U74MJPG50 is a sub harness that allows you to plug both the 12v Socket and a set of auxilliary lights into the single accessory plug behind the front fairing.

The Heated grips utilise a completely different loom and connection point into the main harness.

The heated grip kit will contain everything you need to install.

the 12v Accessory Socket kit will plug straight into the 4 way accessory plug behind the front fairing.

If you already have the Honda Auxilliary Lights fitted, then yes you will need the 08U74MJPG50 sub harness to be able to fit the 12v Accessory Socket as well.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Jonathan.

So unless and until I decide to add the accessory lights, I DO NOT need the sub harness.

Sounds like I have everything I need in the 12v Socket and Heated Grip kits to get the job done!

I was afraid I was going to tear everything apart and find I was missing this sub-harness.

I'm off to get the job done. Appreciate the assistance.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 03:18 AM

Garage
Hi Afrika2!

Just an info I will do it.

Buy the connector (Sumitomo) to plug into the CRF's Aux. connector from Touratech.
Make the Y-split cabel by myself and on the other ends (two or more) I'll going to fit standard AMP Superseal connectors (much easier to get and, much cheaper too!).
On every additional equipment I'll go to mount the corresponding AMP Superseal connectors.

Cjeers, gerhard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page