New tires order went very badly - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By High Country
  • 1 Post By FarangMoto
  • 1 Post By superfunkomatic

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New tires order went very badly

Exited to receive my order for new AT tires (only one as the superstore backordered the other in the middle of my order!)

But no, I received a 23 month old Pirelli front tire. What in the world are these folks thinking? The life span is half over when I receive it? Never again from this online store.

Vintage_Snyder
Too many Vintage Goldwings
2016 AT/DCT (000376)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 PM

I would contact them and sent them back. Some dealers will not mount a tire that is two years old.

Try Rocky Mt. ATV/MC I have had nothing but good experiences with them
Vintage_Snyder likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 PM

I had Pirelli MT60 installed on my Versys. When I left the installer I went down as I thought they hadn't cleaned the lube. When I got home, I checked the tire date and they were nearly 5 years old. I contacted Pirelli Thailand who at first seemed quite helpful and willing to change them, but never returned my calls after. Big companies don't give a shyte if they know they can get away with it.

Not only will I not use the dealer again, but I will not use Pirelli either. The stupid thing is, I can be charged for defamation for dissin' them despite being out of date!
Vintage_Snyder likes this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarangMoto View Post
I had Pirelli MT60 installed on my Versys. When I left the installer I went down as I thought they hadn't cleaned the lube. When I got home, I checked the tire date and they were nearly 5 years old. I contacted Pirelli Thailand who at first seemed quite helpful and willing to change them, but never returned my calls after. Big companies don't give a shyte if they know they can get away with it.

Not only will I not use the dealer again, but I will not use Pirelli either. The stupid thing is, I can be charged for defamation for dissin' them despite being out of date!
I have canceled my order and returning the 23 month old tire. IMO, the life on these tires is four-maybe five years. I will not bet my life on tires like these. Failed tires are fatal. I will back up my complaint to the superstore with engineering testimony if needed. This is just plain insane. Ride safely my friend.

Vintage_Snyder
Too many Vintage Goldwings
2016 AT/DCT (000376)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 12:43 PM

If tyres are stored in dry dark conditions they will last for bloody ages especially if they are wrapped as most are.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 06:31 PM

Revzilla in the US is reliable and has pretty much anything you could want - quick shipping, too.
sybjer likes this.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Robert Louis Stevenson

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_Snyder View Post
Exited to receive my order for new AT tires (only one as the superstore backordered the other in the middle of my order!)

But no, I received a 23 month old Pirelli front tire. What in the world are these folks thinking? The life span is half over when I receive it? Never again from this online store.
New front tire arrived here today also. Same thing as yours, it is almost 2 years old. It is a Mitas manufactured in Czech, so the seller claims due to curing times and boat time, it is unusual to see a tire from Mitas newer than a year. He says it is no problem, altho it still does not seem right to me..... But, a Pirelli, that is a surprise.....

Save
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:42 AM

Have you no other choice than to buy online...ie, is there no tyre depot locally to buy from ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page