Rider Footpeg Choices - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Rider Footpeg Choices

I am looking for feedback on what riders are replacing their stock footpegs with. I want to replace my tiny stock footpegs with something larger and preferably with removable rubber foot pads. I bought a set of SW-Motech Evo adjustable footpegs(about $169) but when they arrived by UPS, I thought there was a brick in the box! Those pegs are soooo darn heavy. Sure they look great and have an aggressive rubber footpad, but they would negate all the weight I saved by replacing my exhaust with my Remus Okami slip on. I returned them immediately! SW-Motech also sells a non adjustable peg with removable rubber footpad, but the footpad looks flat and smooth with small grooves for limited traction. It also may be heavy like its EVO brother. I read hear that Knight Designs sells footpegs, but hey are almost $200. I ended up ordering IMS Super Stock pegs for now. They don't have rubber inserts, but they do have a large platform and a less aggressive grip pattern so they won't eat up the bottom of my shoes. All thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers!
nixter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:52 AM

I just put those on tonight. I like them!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Guyzer likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 08:18 AM

Hmm, thanks for answering that question I had. I thought they'd be heavy given what they need to be able to do and with all that adjustability...

Fastway makes some nice pegs. I've used them on my Super Tenere and considering them for my AT... https://fastwayperformance.com/footp...egs-black.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy.brydon View Post
I am looking for feedback on what riders are replacing their stock footpegs with. I want to replace my tiny stock footpegs with something larger and preferably with removable rubber foot pads. I bought a set of SW-Motech Evo adjustable footpegs(about $169) but when they arrived by UPS, I thought there was a brick in the box! Those pegs are soooo darn heavy. Sure they look great and have an aggressive rubber footpad, but they would negate all the weight I saved by replacing my exhaust with my Remus Okami slip on. I returned them immediately! SW-Motech also sells a non adjustable peg with removable rubber footpad, but the footpad looks flat and smooth with small grooves for limited traction. It also may be heavy like its EVO brother. I read hear that Knight Designs sells footpegs, but hey are almost $200. I ended up ordering IMS Super Stock pegs for now. They don't have rubber inserts, but they do have a large platform and a less aggressive grip pattern so they won't eat up the bottom of my shoes. All thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Guyzer likes this.

Last edited by AdvArt; 05-20-2017 at 08:20 AM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 09:24 AM

I installed the IMS super stock pegs on my AT. I have them on my Honda CRF250X as well so I don't miss the rubber inserts. I haven't had any problems with the IMS pegs tearing up my boots but then again I haven't done any serious off road riding with the AT and if I did with the stock pegs I would be taking the rubber inserts out for off road.
Guyzer likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 11:11 AM

I have the IMS supersport pegs on mine and like them. A good platform for the foot, significant grip and bite, and I too have not noticed any additional wear and tear on my boots.

I've had the SW Motech ones on a previous bike and really liked them since they take a bit more of the vibration out of the bottom of the boot.
Guyzer likes this.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Ė Robert Louis Stevenson

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 07:38 PM

Garage
I too have the IMS SuperStocks on my AT and find them to be absolutely all I need, at a reasonable price. There are no traction screws to adjust or fall out. You just install them on the bike exactly like the stock pegs and ride.

Footpegs are something you should not have to think about while riding.

---
Angels Camp, CA
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:17 AM

Pivotpegz. Love 'em!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:39 AM

Ditto on the Pivot Pegz...SC
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 11:23 AM

I have the Pivot Pegz which have their pluses and minuses. My riding is predominantly on road.

They have a larger platform which I find more comfortable. I like the pivoting ability, when standing and when using the foot pedals, as they are spring-loaded they center automatically.
There are no rubber foot pads. I purchased the additional Pegz toppers, however they are a hard plastic and require 4 small zip ties to connect each topper to the Peg.
The Pivot Pegz sit slightly further out from the bike and some have noted they find this off putting as placement of the feet is slightly wider apart. Didnít bother me although was aware that when leaning the bike significantly more likely to ground the Pegz.
Guyzer likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 11:56 PM

Black Dog's billet platform pegs. Spendy but beefy billet construction and removable threaded spikes for added boot traction make for a nice supportive perch. The dimensions of the pegs make standing for long periods a non issue, and actually allow more leverage in weight transitions for turn in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page