Heated grips by Honda - Page 11 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 85Likes

post #101 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy Boy View Post
how do I know what bl**y setting they are on as all settings I try are bloody freezing

is one flash the lowest and the five flash the highest as none seem any different

(me thinks I will be asking my dealer to replace these as I've only had the baby 2 days and they don't seem to put out any heat at all)

tell me please
If they are the Honda ones, don't you get a little icon on the dash telling you what level they are on. I don't have them myself But Im sure this was the case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 01:30 AM

No answer from Honda Europe yet concerning the heated grips , any news from other countries ?
post #103 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy Boy View Post
how do I know what bl**y setting they are on as all settings I try are bloody freezing

is one flash the lowest and the five flash the highest as none seem any different

(me thinks I will be asking my dealer to replace these as I've only had the baby 2 days and they don't seem to put out any heat at all)

tell me please
Read the 100 posts above yours and you'll see that the Honda grips are totally inadequate.

The icon on the speedo tells you what setting they are on and also the button flashes initially to show the setting. But there's little difference between 1 and 5 as they don't really heat up at all.

post #104 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 06:49 AM

My bike is going into Blade in Abingdon tomorrow and the grips are going to be changed, they admitted that they have spoken to Honda who are aware there is a problem.
post #105 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadoganpier View Post
My bike is going into Blade in Abingdon tomorrow and the grips are going to be changed, they admitted that they have spoken to Honda who are aware there is a problem.
Can you pls let us know if any better once you get the bike back.
post #106 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Went to Felix and Jos this evening (Belgium main dealer). Very good service, had the 1k service, so now she's loose. Guys told me 1. that the tripmaster is shipped to Belgium some weeks ago, what I already knew. Ship is in stormy weather I guess... 2. That Honda is aware of the problem with the heated grips. No further news on that issue.
Waitiing hopefully for solutions....
abj likes this.
post #107 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 06:14 AM

FWIW - I am on my second NC750X with Honda heated grips fitted and they have been brilliant. No-one on the NC forums has complained about them not getting hot enough - but they have about the price which is now 329.
One odd thing. I rode the demo AT yesterday and the heating wire to the throttle seemed in a very strange position. My thumb pressed against it and I can see it getting damaged in no time at all. The NC does not have the heating wire emerging in that position (maybe the dealer fitted it incorrectly)
Mike
post #108 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 11:26 AM

Despite bringing the bike in 5 days early so they could identify the problem and thus order in the grips for the first service they hadn't turned up on Friday when the bike was due in. They also then had the cheek to not fit the cigarette lighter socket which should have been fitted when the bike was delivered, their excuse was that when I bought the bike back in to fit the grips they would do both at once. So now I have to make another two 50 miles round trips and waste a couple of hours of my time, not massively impressed Blade Abingdon to be honest.
post #109 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 04:51 AM

I picked my bike up yesterday after having the Heated Grips, 12 volt socket, light bar/lights, sat nav cable and the Trip Master fitted,

I rode home with the heated grips on setting 5 which was more than adequate so I'm very pleased, I have a small sticker on both handgrips with the part number C001JP, so perhaps these are the later grips, very pleased,
post #110 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:49 AM

By comparison level 5 is the same temp as level 1 (of 3) on my VFR 1200. I had a day ride out in the week over 170 miles and toggled between 4 and 5 which was adequate for me. On level 3 VFR 1200 they start to burn holes in your gloves, way too hot!

With 5 levels I was hoping for a better range of heat, sent my comments to Honda and the dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page