Heated grips by Honda - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 93Likes

post #11 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:37 PM

I think I can probably live without the icon on the screen in return for the cost saving by getting Oxfords plus, you know, the fact that they get hot
tjjj2006, Sloth and Mad_Fist_Willy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Holy sh*t !! So it took me 450 km to learn all teh features of the display.... And besides, in the highest position the heated grips are OK for me... :-D
post #13 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:17 AM

I've ordered the heated grips, I've never had a problem before with Honda grips not being warm enough,
My dealer did say the glue to fit them has to be left a week to set , can't see that happening somehow

post #14 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 01:11 PM

Other than being a bit of a rip-off the heated grips seemed to work fine when I test rode the bike. That was on the highest setting - but when I turned them down they hardly felt on.
post #15 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 02:34 PM

Went into my dealer today and told him of this problem as the ones on my tex 1200 get so hot I turn them down.... We went out to the demo bike and left bike running for 15 mins they were Luke warm he is ringing Honda tomorrow to find out more he said that definitely wasn't right on the vfr 1200 they were toastie........
post #16 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:25 PM

Has anybody out there had any experience with Koso heated grips?

Things will always turn out good in the end. If things are not good, then it is not yet the end.
post #17 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 05:54 AM

It would be great to hear how you get on Diamondgeezer. I've ordered them even tho. the ones on the demo I tried were a bit feeble. Thought they were maybe a duff set but hearing this I'm thinking they might just not be very good...
post #18 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardyweirdy View Post
It would be great to hear how you get on Diamondgeezer. I've ordered them even tho. the ones on the demo I tried were a bit feeble. Thought they were maybe a duff set but hearing this I'm thinking they might just not be very good...
Same here. Heated grips on both demo bikes I tried were Luke warm on the highest setting. Similar to the halfway setting on my triumph
post #19 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 12:29 PM

I might flag this up with the dealer before he fits them. Seems pointless paying top dollar for something that doesn't work. The aftermarket ones I've had have been great.
It does look like its a common complaint, maybe Honda will sort it out after enough complaints....
post #20 of 383 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 08:35 AM

I found out the grips are very poor in comparison to my other Hondas only just warm on 5

Honda are doing what triumph did when they launched the brilliant tiger they charge a fortune for extras and ended up with a warehouse full of un purchased extras , people purchased better value aftermarket extras ! they then and now charge a little more for the bike but include all extras.

I tried both models and have ordered a non auto white one with the adventure kit as it is discounted as a kit

no Honda panniers though ?? as they only look good enough for cooking food in your microwave

But what a fantastic bike very impressive

a brilliant bike

I just hope its a faultless as my crosstourer has been

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page