Heated grips by Honda - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 94Likes

post #1 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Heated grips by Honda

Hello all,

I'm riding my AT for 10 days now. A Rally Red one, with side panners, a centre stand, a Honda alarm and of course the "real" gearbox. (I'm too old for a computer-clutch thing, and I'm convinced that no computer shifts better I do... :-) )
Anyway, this is a fantastic bike. Herefore I had a super Ténéré 1200, and many other all-roads. This one is far the best.
But.... the original heated grips.... with the green flashing led.... does anyone uses them too? I have the impression that they don't heat unless in mode 1.... Even though this winter is extremely soft, I have cold hands all the time... Anyone else?
WOODZMAN likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 02:54 PM

Garage
Not with mine. Works fine. Helpful when it was less than 5 degrees.
post #3 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:04 PM

I've read a couple of things now on the Honda heated grips not being great. I think I'll go for Oxford grips instead.

post #4 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart de mare View Post
Hello all,

I'm riding my AT for 10 days now. A Rally Red one, with side panners, a centre stand, a Honda alarm and of course the "real" gearbox. (I'm too old for a computer-clutch thing, and I'm convinced that no computer shifts better I do... :-) )
Anyway, this is a fantastic bike. Herefore I had a super Ténéré 1200, and many other all-roads. This one is far the best.
But.... the original heated grips.... with the green flashing led.... does anyone uses them too? I have the impression that they don't heat unless in mode 1.... Even though this winter is extremely soft, I have cold hands all the time... Anyone else?
I tested one on Saturday with full touring pack more like a ripoff pack ,but the salesman told me the heated grip don't get very hot,he told me he had them on his bike and could not tell they were on,,,,,hopr this helps I take delivery of mine on the 18thfeb I did order the full adventure pack but after testing the bike the extras were crap and over priced
post #5 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:50 AM

hi the only problem going with the oxford heated grips, you wont have the digital display on the dashboard
post #6 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
hi the only problem going with the oxford heated grips, you wont have the digital display on the dashboard
Digital display on the dashoard? I have the original Honda's and there is NO information about the grips on the screen! I can read the air temperature (which is most of the time indicated too high, typical on a bike)
post #7 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:22 AM

Garage
Yes, you have the indication of the level in the dashboard

Here at level 3

Sloth, PathRider and Jyrays like this.
post #8 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:42 AM

Getting mine first week of March with heated grips. never had heated grips before so I can't tell for the moment. I ride in winter wit heated gloves on my VFR1200 much better than heated grips. Because I bought the AT witch adventure pack heated grips are included. I now the VFR1200 have the same heated grips and I now there was a problem with water infiltration in the control button.
post #9 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 03:18 PM

I had my 2nd test ride today and it was bitterly cold, I put the heated grips on there hottest setting and was very disappointed......I pick my one up on March the 1st fingers crossed but don't think I'll be getting the grips although the switch gear for them is neat......
post #10 of 406 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 03:45 PM
D_H

I must say, I've never had a problem with the OEM heated grips that were on my VFR1200. They weren't any more powerful than Oxfords but I did like how integrated they were and found them more than powerful enough even at temperatures close to freezing at motorway speeds with only moderately insulated gloves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page