Bar Risers - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Bar Risers

What bar risers have people installed and have there been any cable issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinpot View Post
What bar risers have people installed and have there been any cable issues?
Very interested in this also.

Saw a GS on Saturday with risers bringing his bars back to him a few CMs.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 08:06 PM

The Rox Pro-Offset risers work fine. They can either be mounted to raise the bars up an inch, or up an inch and back an inch.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check this link:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Tricolor DCT

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 02:40 AM

Garage
2 inch Rox in grey they are tight on the brake lines
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-06 11.44.44.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	3713  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 04:46 AM
JOL

I fitted touratech 20mm risers.. no cable issues, tilted the bars forward a bit and removed the rubber from the footpegs (got to say the standard footpegs are very poor (Honda must have had some 1980's footpegs they wanted to get rid of, as im sure they were the same as a MT50 i had many years ago....will be the next thing to change!!) now bike feels a lot more comfy... and a little lighter maybe!!

What I have noticed though is the main handlebar clamps are fitted with a rubber mount/washer!! (must be there to reduce vibration) there is a fair amount of movement if you push/pull the handlebars forward and backwards.... wouldn't want to go more than 20mm as this will probably increase even more!!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Ad Venture View Post
The Rox Pro-Offset risers work fine. They can either be mounted to raise the bars up an inch, or up an inch and back an inch.

Check this link:
Can we see a photo of the instillation?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTwin View Post
Can we see a photo of the instillation?
I took them off soon after. Didn't like the feel of the higher bars while seated and after hearing what Chris Birch said about risers (throw them away), I didn't think they'd improve my offroading either.

If you're interested in Birchy's thoughts on the right standing position, check out the last paragraph in this post:

And this vid

2016 Tricolor DCT
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 03:39 AM

Quote:
I took them off soon after. Didn't like the feel of the higher bars while seated and after hearing what Chris Birch said about risers (throw them away), I didn't think they'd improve my offroading either.

If you're interested in Birchy's thoughts on the right standing position, check out the last paragraph in this post:

And this vid

Thanks
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 04:04 AM

Just rolling the bars forward a bit made things much more comfy for me when standing off-road. Steering feels a bit more direct with my hands more in line with the rake angle.

Height while wearing MX boots is about 1.85 metres.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:

As much as i respect Chris and his riding skills i have to disagree on this with him , how can it be the same for two riders that are let's say 5"1 and the other one 6"9 to ride identical bike ? IT IS NOT ! one stands up nice and straight and the tall rider is bent over in a awkward position . there is a reason why there are so many aftermarket parts aviable to fine tune the ergonomics to match your size and shape as we are not all the same but the bikes only come in one size .
So i am getting bar risers and some decent footpegs .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page