AT Low Seat - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henery View Post
Quite agree, tried my low seat briefly and went back to the standard one. For me the standard seats bad enough, a couple hours and my rear is tender ! The low seat was worse. Shame that on a bike like the AT the seats not super comfortable.
There has to be a seat manufacturer who is developing a comfy seat for this model.

I seem to remember that Corbin are planning on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 12:48 PM

Low Seat

I bought the Honda low seat from Amazon. It is comfortable and reduces the seat height by one and 1/8th inches from whichever position you put it in--high or low. It is a genuine Honda accessory. I'm very pleased with it. Its appearance is indistinguishable from the stock seat.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 11:47 AM

Those who went for the low seat option - maybe your "normal" seat is on sale?
Looking for the value deal (preferably from Europe) to get seat pan to handle it local upholster for rebuilding.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 04:00 PM

I got the low seat as an extra when I bought the bike it cost 150 and I got the normal seat in a box which I'm going to keep for when I sell the bike (not anytime soon).

I'm 5'7" (1.7m) so the low seat on the high setting means I can flat foot one side which is enough for me. I find it firm but not uncomfortable and was surprise when I was able to ride over 2.5hrs without discomfort, I've not been able to do that before. A combination of the firm seat and relaxed leg position works for me.

When I did my test ride before buying the bike the dealer had a low seat I was able to try, a good ploy from Honda as it sealed the deal for me.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 03:51 AM

I was surprised how much difference the low seat made for me. I went from just one ball of left foot on the ground to almost flat foot. That's with it in the upper position, I can't seem to get it to snap in on the lower position. As for comfort, well coming straight off MX bikes the seat is like a couch to me.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
I was surprised how much difference the low seat made for me. I went from just one ball of left foot on the ground to almost flat foot. That's with it in the upper position, I can't seem to get it to snap in on the lower position. As for comfort, well coming straight off MX bikes the seat is like a couch to me.

Have a look at this video. He does a very good demonstration of how to get the seat into the low position.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:55 AM

Thanks for the video that makes it pretty clear. Holy crap it gets low, I probably didn't need the low seat after all. I think I had it half cocked into the low position at one point but then the key wouldn't turn to remove the seat anymore and I dam near thought I was going to break the key getting the seat removed again so I quit messing with it. But I'll try again using this guys method.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page