AT Low Seat

This is the CRF1000L Low seat option

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispy View Post
This is the CRF1000L Low seat option

What is the seat height of the AT with the low seat and how much $ does it sell for, how to order ? Short guy! I was hoping the bike used drag link connection like a KLR so it would be easy to lower, but so sad, I saw a picture of the bottom of the bike and the suspension links are a casting like the SL650. Anyone got info....
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:43 PM

Went to my Honda dealer today and asked about low seat, yes they had it listed from Honda accessories but no part number or description yet (just a picture). Price and info to come soon I hope. I will try to post that info if and when I get it. If anyone else has info on this low seat I'd be glad to hear it.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:00 PM

I was under the impression that the stock seat was able to be mounted in a lower set of mount holes. The lower position was 33.1" That is lower than my KLR. It measures at 34.0" I could tell that the AT was lower. I sat on 2 AT's at the Dallas MC show. The std seat height I could touch the floor with tiptoes. The lower seat bike I could touch the floor both sides with the full ball of my foot. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam for reference.

Build it if you can.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefair View Post
Went to my Honda dealer today and asked about low seat, yes they had it listed from Honda accessories but no part number or description yet (just a picture). Price and info to come soon I hope. I will try to post that info if and when I get it. If anyone else has info on this low seat I'd be glad to hear it.
These are from finnish catalog. I believe part numbers are same everywhere in the world.

Matala=Low, Korkea=High
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seats.jpg
Views:	1660
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1329  

Last edited by Juha; 02-04-2016 at 05:38 AM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 09:08 PM

low seat option

The low seat option appears to be an accessory seat, quoted by rider magazine article as 33.1 high position and 32.3 low position for this accessory seat, still no P/N or price. I saw another article that commented the AT will be assembled (made?) in India (a different article than the Rider Magazine, I don't remember where I saw it). Hope this is correct information so none of us get a wrong impression. I was originally hoping the AT had Dog Bone type links in the rear so it would be simple to lower the bike but from the latest picture I saw it appears to be a casting with a dog-bone appearance at the back attachment of the assembly. I may not have gotten the solution I was hoping for (KLR dog-bone simple lowering option), maybe someone has additional idea on this as the accessory seat may still be a bit high for me.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 09:22 PM

Thanks JUHA, look at his post for p/n and price, it will be interesting to see if that translates to the US market equally.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 12:52 AM

Here you have European accessoires list. Seats are in option High +30mm(standard) Low seat -30mm (standard) means low seat at 820 mm.
http://africatwin1000.blogspot.ch/20...cessoires.html
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 02:57 AM

I just ordered a new AT with the low seat as an extra. $240 Australian
I am 5' 4'' Original seat Ok the low should be better!!!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 04:02 AM

From Uk Spec
Low Seat 08R01-MJP-G50ZA Offers a 30mm decrease in seat height compared to the standard seat, giving two options for seat height of 820mm or 840mm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page