Collected Mine, - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 6Likes

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:22 AM

Are the lights (spots) the Honda driving lights?
Hopefully have my DCT in June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:41 AM

Funny how these things happen. I saw the GS Wunderlich bar bag for the first time today on Rugged Roads and thought it was a good idea, then come back here and the first link has a pic of it. Nice!

It looks like a great idea, but I'm a little concerned it would be too much temptation for a casual snatch as someone walks past. Do you worry about it, or do you take it with you every time? Does it look casually mounted to someone walking past and worth a quick snatch, or does it seem like it's firmly attached so is not a target?

Tricolour ABS
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Yes, the Honda driving lights Mike,

You'll love the DCT , wish my other bikes were the same, so easy to ride, I keep it on S2 mostly, and use the down change button when needed , i have a couple of friends who bought the manual bike and are now wishing they'd have gone for the DCT version,

Roll on June

Adventure before Dementia,

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 02:59 PM

Looks great! Is the 12V power socket in the dash standard or the accessory part?

Red DCT (Shipping 05/29). Previous: 30 bikes (Diavel, SRR, GS, eXplorer, MTS, Tiger, yadda). In charge of general insecurity.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Had also ordered (here already) Touratech panniers and top box, light guard, sump guard, Honda driving lights, heated grips, 12v auxillary power point & upper crash protection.
All we need now is a bike to fit it to.
I ordered the bike and gear in early Feb and was told at the time that the bike should be here in June. Since then there has been the earthquake in Japan.
The dealer hopes to confirm within the next week or two a delivery date.
In the mean time I read all the forums and keep riding the Honda GL1500.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

The 12 volt socket is an accessory part, haven't used mine yet but it should come in handy,
Ive been leaving the driving lights on all the time, hopefully I'll not be as invisible with them on ,
Also I've taken the rear footers hangers off, not much use to me, I don't take passengers, and I don't have the panniers, just filled the holes with 8mm x 25 s/s button head screws,

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:44 AM

Are the driving lights any good at night time?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisto View Post
Also I've taken the rear footers hangers off, not much use to me, I don't take passengers, and I don't have the panniers, just filled the holes with 8mm x 25 s/s button head screws,

You might wish to rethink that. There is a very valid train of thought that suggests that the pillion hangers will keep parts of the bike off the road in a tumble. That is useful imho especially on the exhaust side. I am speaking from experience when I had a tumble off a KTM two years ago.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

I've not tried the driving lights in the dark Mike,

I know what you're saying Griff, and it's a valid point , but to be quite honest it's also much easier to put it on the centre stand when the pillion hangers are missing,

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisto View Post
I know what you're saying Griff, and it's a valid point , but to be quite honest it's also much easier to put it on the centre stand when the pillion hangers are missing,

That was the first thing I noticed when putting the bike on the centrestand. It was extremely difficult because the pillion hanger was intruding. I then noticed what looked almost like a handle protruding towards the rear of the bike from the pillion footrest hanger casting. I tried grabbing that instead of the pillion grabrail and presto, dead easy to get onto the stand. So the pillion footrests stay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page