Collected Mine, - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Collected Mine,

Collected my Tri Colour DCT on Saturday morning from Crewe Honda Centre, The centre stand was fitted , But the other stuff I've ordered will have to go on later due to a shortage of 12 volt sockets ( told yesterday it was now all in)

Wow, I'm very impressed with the whole bike, firstly the engine and gear box are faultless , I can hear the gears changing but actually feel nothing , it's so smooth, I kept it in S3 all the time just to get used to the bike only managed 68 miles before we had a flurry of snow ,so I headed home,

Monday I headed into North Wales , again I kept it in the S3 mode with the occasional down shift just to try it out, Managed 150 miles before my fingers started to drop off from cold,
The screen was just the right hight for me 6ft and 32 i/leg, so I've no need to buy the tall screen, The seat was very comfortable and I had it on the normal setting (there is a lower one) and I had no problem flat footing,
The dash was very easy to read once you know where everything is, and all the controls are easy to get at, I did press the horn on one occasion when cancelling the indicators , The parking brake on the DCT is a two hand job to apply but one handed to release, Both front and rear brakes were impressive just as I expected,

To be honest there wasn't a single thing I could criticise , I was going to venture out today but it's pimply sissing down so think I'll give it a miss,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 04:12 PM

Congratulations, hope your enjoying it as much as myself.
Was asking the dealer about the socket and quoted 112. Even though its 50 quid aparently there is a bit of work to fit it, mostly seems down to the fairing that needs removing.
Might just spend the money on winter gloves instead :-)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenat View Post
Congratulations, hope your enjoying it as much as myself.
Was asking the dealer about the socket and quoted 112. Even though its 50 quid aparently there is a bit of work to fit it, mostly seems down to the fairing that needs removing.
Might just spend the money on winter gloves instead :-)
It's a doddle to fit, yes the front fairing covers come off, but it is plug and play, if you're nearby I'd help do it for you.

Back on topic - great bike, easy to ride, I'm a happy owner too.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Had a nice ride into North Wales yesterday,
The first service was carried out on Friday last, also had the Heated grips fitted , the Trip master (the freebie thats a bit complicated, but it looks nice, lol) Light bar and lights oh and I bought the tall screen,
Very pleased with the heated grips, didn't think the screen would be that good ,but it is, Used my GS Wunderlich handlebar bag too, fits a treat,

Thrilled to bits with the DCT,

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 AM

Garage
Bike looks GREAT with all the new parts on it. Thanks for your input/review. I will, however, say it took me a second to figure out this:

" ...but it's pimply sissing down so think I'll give it a miss."

Current:
'15 KTM Duke 390

Past:
'03 Kawi Z1000
'95 Honda VFR750S
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 12:54 PM

hi could you possibly show picture of trip master fitted and the wundelich handlebar bag?

does it fit easily or is it a tight fit?

how stable is it without a crossbar?

thanks
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 04:29 PM

Bike looks good .
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Here you go , Don't ask me how it works, but it does look good ,

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Here's the bag, It's very stable with the 4 velcro fixings, but you could cable tie it on if you wish, note, the side view of the Trip master they are individually numbered , think about 350 been given out free to the first customers in the UK,

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

2,500 smiles on my DCT , AT, ( no need to tell you how good it is)

Adventure before Dementia,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page