Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum - View Single Post - Africa Twin, how is it for sport touring?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
pcarnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerdave View Post
Mines coming next week, but I hired one for a week in Spain, mostly on road riding. My mate took an 800 GS.( I previously owned an 800 and loved it.)
AT was much quicker than the 800 through the twisties and I immediately gelled with it. (pegs scrape easily)
We averaged 250 miles a day and the bike was very comfy, when I had put the seat in the high position.
My last bike was a KTM 1190 ADV and obviously there is no comparison in performance but the Honda isn't slow. I had to keep stopping and waiting for the 800.
Suffice to say I traded in the KTM and ordered an AT. We both agreed it was a much better bike than the 800.
Excellent, thanks! Congrats on the new bike, look forward to your further impressions. I am also considering the Triumph 800XRx, had a chance to spend about an hour on one recently and liked it. A little smoother and more refined feeling than the FJ-09 but not quite as quick.

Two of my big concerns with the AT are the tube-type tires and road tire choices for 21" wheels.

Last edited by pcarnut; 01-09-2017 at 08:16 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome