Tricolor in the USA - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 13Likes

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:57 AM

I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait for the possible 2017 Tricolor or get the 2016 in Red. Decisions, decisions....

XR400R
Tmax
CB750f
CB900f
Super Tenere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM

I have my deposit down on a AT DCT in silver (which I believe is my only option in the US).

The red/black/white catches my eye but the white stripe on the seat I imagine wouldn't be that color for long. I would think wear/rub marks from being in a dirty off-road environment would permanently discolor it.

I would jump on having the Red/White/Blue if it were available. I'd take the Camo test-bike coloring too. Maybe a vinyl wrap is in the future.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:59 PM

A couple of forum members have asked Honda about this, and been told that we will get the red/black/white bike with the DCT transmission here in the US at launch (although the silver ones will probably be delivered to customers a little earlier). To be honest, part of me won't 100% believe that's true until I'm sitting on my red/black/white DCT AT, but it is at least looking positive right now.

Personally, I am no great fan of the silver one, so if that was my only option I'd probably do something to change it like getting it painted or wrapped or something.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 03:18 PM

The ordering window for North America is open this week. My dealer rang me (today) to say that Honda has "accepted" my order for a "RED DCT".

Unless they have massively dropped the ball (in which case I'll smash their showroom windows! ;-D) it looks like I'm getting a Dakar Rally Red DCT :-D

It's a huge relief, as no disrespect to anyone who wants silver, it was a definite deal breaker for me. And I hope that Honda realize that a great many seem to feel the same.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 03:57 PM

There are and will continue to be a number of companies that will make graphics kits for these bikes. Even the silver would look good with some fresh graphics.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-jd
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:23 PM

Well, any idea if maybe next year (2017) we will get the white with gold rim bikes? My AT order got pushed back until late August and now I'm thinking I'll just wait till the 2017 colors get announced.
rider_marc likes this.

Don't threaten me with a good time!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbiker View Post
What's the purpose of restricting colors in different markets? Not sure I get the point of it... just import a few of the other colors too... is there more to it than that?

It's simply a marketing strategy. You know, you want what you can't have.
Once they bait the trap then they will bring it to North America at a premium
and make lot's of money off it. Those little monkeys have all kinds of tricks up there sleeves.....but it really pisses me off that they use strategies like that in
North America.

Last edited by EZStreet; 05-27-2016 at 07:14 PM.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZStreet View Post
It's simply a marketing strategy. You know, you want what you can't have.
Once they bait the trap then they will bring it to North America at a premium
and make lot's of money off it. Those little monkeys have all kinds of tricks up there sleeves.....but it really pisses me off that they use strategies like that in
North America.
You can create whatever story you want (conspiracy, marketing....blah, blah), the hard truth is Europe buys a ton more bikes then North America and they were the lead design department on this bike so they got first choice with all the options. I'm just happy we got these bikes!

Don't threaten me with a good time!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 07:27 PM

Having had my silver non-ABS AT in small-town [population 900] Australia for two months now, I'm finding the boring colour an advantage - few people notice the bike, even after getting roped into riding it for a community street parade.

Could be a good thing if you need to travel in some unsavoury parts of the world.

Loving the anodised gold Barrett exhaust pipe I put on it - just a little bling to balance the fork colour.

Still figuring out whose plain alloy rims I should get laced up for a set of true off-road wheels. That 4 inch rim on the rear is a bit of a stretch for a full knobbly 140 size tyre, so I will look at downsizing to 3 inch soon.
African Twin Mofo likes this.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 07:08 AM

Bit of a tease

Just so you know what your missing
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white one.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	5442  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page