US Orders - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 75Likes

post #11 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 08:25 PM

Garage
All I can say is I hope what my dealer told me is true and not some of the other reports. If I have to wait to July or August, I may jump ship and buy something different. When the summers ahead of you are fewer than those behind you, a person cannot afford to waste them waiting.

Oldmxer95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 09:10 PM

The way I understood how it works in the States is that the individual dealers place an order with the USA parent company, who then place an order with the main company. The USA parent company might not get all the bikes they asked for depending on supply & demand, so they may choose to give preference to high performing dealerships (which sounds like why it's the "Powersports" dealers who are first in line).

My local BWM dealership operates this way and it sounds like what I saw with Piaggio. So it's important to remember when you talk to your local dealer you are not talking to an employee of Honda with a direct line to Takahiro San, he's more like a employee of a franchise that goes through a middle man. My advice is to take everything they say (good or bad) with a pinch of salt.
post #13 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmxer95 View Post
All I can say is I hope what my dealer told me is true and not some of the other reports. If I have to wait to July or August, I may jump ship and buy something different. When the summers ahead of you are fewer than those behind you, a person cannot afford to waste them waiting.
I only have 2 more summers left in Colorado before moving back to the UK. That's why this is so agonizing for me. I know the Africa Twin is the right bike, but can I afford to wait all summer for it? Hopefully Honda put us out of our misery one way or another soon...

post #14 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 09:54 PM

Honda should be delivering the bikes to the areas with the shortest riding seasons first. Like the northern U.S. and Canada. The south can pretty well ride all year long so there isn't the same urgency, in my view.
Lowcruzr likes this.
post #15 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

So my dealer called me back and verified that my order has indeed been placed. The dealer said deliveries would be May through August, and my bike should be delivered 29 May.
post #16 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 02:56 PM

I spoke to my dealer earlier today.
I can confirm what someone else said about all orders being cancelled then placed back in the system.

Even though my order was placed on Feb 2 in that special pre order window they had, I have been told that delivery is scheduled for late August. Which is the bullshittiest of bull fecal matter.

Other deliveries reflect in their system for May. But mine is for a red DCT. The other ones are manual.

Honda has really, really messed up the release of this bike in the US.

I was really looking forward to buying this bike, but now i'm as excited about buying it as i am about buying trash can liners or toilet paper.
rider_marc likes this.
post #17 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 04:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
So my dealer called me back and verified that my order has indeed been placed. The dealer said deliveries would be May through August, and my bike should be delivered 29 May.
Where abouts is this??
post #18 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Southern TN area, US
post #19 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 06:10 PM

Was the same thing my dealer said today. My red DCT is for the end of Aug and the silver manual transmixer for floor stock for April or May.

I'm bummed. Aug in Ar is no time to be riding a bike.
post #20 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 07:12 PM

Ok, well this is Sophie's ****ing choice then!

I've been told similar, that my red DCT will be available early August. On the other hand, I could have the bike early June if I switched my order to a silver DCT, which they'll be getting earlier.

Words cannot express how much I dislike the looks of the silver model... but on the other hand... August????

Really going to have to do some soul searching on this. A mate of mine is selling a KLR650, so maybe I'll take it off his hands so I have a bike to ride this summer while I'm waiting for August.

Super irritating news, but if we're honest, I think we all expected it was coming by this point... *sigh*...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page