US Orders - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 75Likes

post #21 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Hi There,

I got the call from dealer and they informed my Red DCT will be shipped 29th May 2016. Will take sometime to come through to US. But thats what Honda told them.

Soon To be AT Owner!!!
Cheetah!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:54 PM

You're lucky then! I was told by my dealer they could only get silver ones by then, Red ones would be a couple of months later...
post #23 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:58 PM

Unless my dealer screwed it up big time, My Order went in Feb 2. I think by the time it arrives, it could be July/August already. They are shipping it on 29 May.

Soon To be AT Owner!!!
Cheetah!!!

post #24 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Spoke with my dealer yesterday. I'm waiting for a DCT model. He got verification from his Honda Canada rep yesterday morning that he would see the AT's on his floor starting May15 thru June 15. With the DCT MODEL being "LAST" to show up! They are a POWERHOUSE dealership and only have 3 AT's designated to them. And only one DCT, So I will need to purchase it asap if I hope to have the first one through the door. Who knows how long before the second wave arrives.
But enough negativity. I'm still super excited to buy one!!
superfunkomatic likes this.
post #25 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 AM
NBV

post #26 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 12:25 PM

Blaksled, What area of Canada are you in? My deposit is on a red 6speed with a Toronto Powerhouse dealer (Markham Honda). When I put my deposit down the first week of Feb, he had 3 manual tranny bikes spoken for (one black, two red) and one DCT pending a deposit.
cheetah likes this.

Last edited by Trialsguy; 03-09-2016 at 12:28 PM.
post #27 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 03:50 PM
NBV

Spoke with my dealer this afternoon. My silver DCT will be shipped end of May 2016. And will arrive mid June 2016.
cheetah likes this.
post #28 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:03 PM

My dealer called today , they requested 2 red dct and 1 silver manual. they found out today they are getting 1 red manual. He is going to try to get me a red dct but i am thinking I might be waiting till next year.
post #29 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 10:56 PM

Well, I decided to wait it out for a red DCT. I'm being told August, but my dealer also admitted that it was within the realms of possibility that it could slip even further beyond that so who knows.

In the meantime, I've just bought a 2nd hand Kawasaki KLR650 from a mate who, with good timing, had just put it up for sale. I must admit, I didn't think I'd be spending my summer on a KLR, but it is what it is.

So this is goodbye for a while fellas, reading about Africa Twins every day while I'm waiting almost 6 months to get it is going to drive me crazy, so I'm going to take a break from the forum. Hopefully by the time I get back on here, we will be in a wonderful new era of working heated grips and crash bars that everyone can agree upon. Enjoy your summer riding guys, see you all later in the year!
rider_marc likes this.
post #30 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbiker View Post
...In the meantime, I've just bought a 2nd hand Kawasaki KLR650 from a mate who, with good timing, had just put it up for sale. I must admit, I didn't think I'd be spending my summer on a KLR, but it is what it is....
Good move

Quote:
...So this is goodbye for a while fellas, reading about Africa Twins every day while I'm waiting almost 6 months to get it is going to drive me crazy, so I'm going to take a break from the forum...
We will be waiting with a bottle of champagne

Quote:
...Hopefully by the time I get back on here, we will be in a wonderful new era of working heated grips and crash bars that everyone can agree upon....
Highly unlikely

Resigned from purchase in 2016.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page