US Orders - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 75Likes

post #1 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

US Orders

My dealer in the US (where I have ordered and paid a deposit) is telling me Honda has cancelled all orders for now due to high demand. He is not sure what is going on. Anyone know what is going on? I hope Honda is not re-allocating bikes to high demand areas or volume dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:03 PM

When did you put down your deposit? I still haven't heard anything from the local dealer here in Canada about potential delivery dates.
Aftermarket parts seem to be coming out around the end of April - might be a hint for delivery time so the two coincide. Not sure....

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Robert Louis Stevenson

post #3 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:26 PM

As I posted on the other thread, my dealer is saying April / May. I still don't think they actually know though.

I'm still pretty sure we'll get the bikes this year, so I'm not worried, but I did briefly think what would I do if they did cancel deliveries to North America this year? Would I wait it out for my 1st choice bike, or buy something different so that I didn't waste a summer with no bike?

Honestly, I think if Honda said "no bikes until the autumn!" I would probably buy the KTM 1190 Adventure R instead I think. My dealer also sells KTMs, so I'm sure they'd happily switch my deposit.
superfunkomatic and Ak Baital like this.

post #4 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 03:03 AM

I would definitely consider the 1190 if Honda lets you guys down. I've never actually ridden one but, if you can get past the garish colour schemes, they look pretty nice up close. For some reason I've always considered them a bit hardcore for my purposes and abilities but who knows - maybe having the AT for a few years will introduce me to a world where a KTM fits nicely...
post #5 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 03:43 PM

Haven't read anything in the news about cancelling AT delivers to the U.S. but that would be a bad move on Honda's end if they make potential owners wait too long especially with the riding season coming up.
post #6 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Garage
Talked to my Honda dealer yesterday. He said Honda sent out an email to dealers explaining that since the order process for the AT was not the usual method, Honda collected the demand from the dealers, hence last months order. Then American Honda placed orders with Japan. The orders the dealers place last month were then cancelled so the Honda system orders with Japan would then be in place and be a part of the normal delivery system. He also thought there may be some news coming this week regarding delivery's. The rumors he has heard are that they may be spread out beginning at the end of April thru early June. However this is not official news.

Oldmxer95
post #7 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Garage
I suspect all dealers ordered AT's even without buyer down payments. All will be sold. Even good trading material between dealers.

Marc

AMA & IBA member
2017 690 Enduro R | 2012 Concours 14
post #8 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:33 AM

Garage
I posted this in the "heated grips" thread but its fitting for this thread as well...

I went to my local dealers Saturday (3/5/16) inquiring about the AT. The one guy said "I didn't know Kawasaki was making an ARTISAN TWIN". Pathetic! The other dealer said he'd never heard of the bike so it must be a foreign product we're not getting. So yeah, there is not much communication from Honda NA to the dealer network. At least not in NY.
post #9 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:12 PM

I think this may be what's happening... the Africa Twin is just a big hoax played on North America by the rest of the world. There really is no such bike, it's all just been photoshopped!
post #10 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmxer95 View Post
Talked to my Honda dealer yesterday. He said Honda sent out an email to dealers explaining that since the order process for the AT was not the usual method, Honda collected the demand from the dealers, hence last months order. Then American Honda placed orders with Japan. The orders the dealers place last month were then cancelled so the Honda system orders with Japan would then be in place and be a part of the normal delivery system. He also thought there may be some news coming this week regarding delivery's. The rumors he has heard are that they may be spread out beginning at the end of April thru early June. However this is not official news.
I'm not quit sure I understand what exactly this means, can some one shed more light on this news.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page