Buy an AT in Australia (NSW), I need some advice - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Buy an AT in Australia (NSW), I need some advice

Hi everyone, i need some advice from Africa Twin owners in New South Wales....as you i'm a motorcycle addicted...although i'm writing from Italy next month i'll move to Sydney and i'm going to buy there my first Aussie motorcycle (an Africa Twin of course).
Could i ask you some information?
Wich is the best Honda dealer in NSW (areas around Sydney) for prices on brand new AT and for assistence and service after sales?
And what are the best and the greatest motorcycle shops where i can buy helmet, jacket ecc?
Sorry for the many questions but for me will be a new world, a new life and also new motorcycle experience.
Thank you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 07:48 PM

africa18,

Hi and happy Friday from sunny Sydney Australia.

OK...if your after kit (helmet etc) then most shops will carry stock but then there are some largish distributors like
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
many of us also buy off the web with delivery to Australia being very good. You won't have an issue buying anything.

Dealers.....there are quite a few in the Sydney area and a few just out of or on in surrounding areas. Price wise they were all pretty much the same when I brought my AT 6 mths ago....given the bike is pretty new and demand is high I wouldn't expect to see to much variation for some time. Delivery time may be an issue.

Do you know where you are planning to live? This may drive your decision on dealer for ease of servicing etc.
Dirt Donkey likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Hi Aussie Twin, i'm glad for your answer.
I watched the Mcas website, it's very interesting: very nice the Dridder adventure Jacket (made in Au if i understand well), the prices looks good...is the quality good?
For my first few monts i'll be a guest of friends in the Bardwell Park aerea and then i'll see...wich is the best dealer nearby?
About the long delivery time ( there is the same issue in Italy). I'll wait.
In general, if i buy a brand new AT (without barter another motorcycle) the Honda Dealer applies a little discount on the price list? (here in Italy the discount is about 1000).
Tank you so much

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

I looked on the web and I've seen there are several honda dealer around the Sydney area, if I'm not mistaken the main are:
- Close Motorcycle
- Western Motorcycle
- Hawkesbury Honda
- Sydney city motorcycle, Campbell Town
- Bike Biz Honda, Paramatta
- Freedom Motorcycles
in your opinion wich is the best one?
or the best two/three when I can go for a quote.
Thanks a lot

Last edited by africa18; 08-22-2016 at 09:49 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 08:44 PM

Ciao Africa 18
Benvenuto, Welcome to Australia, As I work in the industry maybe I can help? The shops you list are all good dealers, I find that it is the Salesman that counts. Just like buying anything NEW in this world, if you quickly develop a friendship with one salesman then you will most likely buy from them, because buying NEW once you have decided on a particular model you cannot compare the quality of the bike unlike buying a second hand / used bike, you can only compare Dealership and Salesperson and this is always a different experience for each person. So my advice is please visit all the Dealerships and hopefully you develop a good relationship with one or more of them. Please remember that as in most parts of the world most people that work in Motorcycle Dealerships are enthusiastic motorcycle riders themselves, even here in Australia and they will be very happy to help you.
You should also ask and expect discount for as you say "without barter" we say "no trade in" deal. Because the CRF1000L supply is slow and the demand is high maybe the discount won't be so good. All these shops carry a good range of accessories and clothing, some more than others and if they don't have it in stock it will only take a day or two for them to order it for you. Don't worry just like Italians we Aussies love a good deal and if you buy all your clothing at the same time you buy your bike than I'm sure the dealer will look after you if you ask nicely.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 09:22 PM

Just wondering why you aren't looking at buying your clothing & boots in Italy? Should be way cheaper there than Oz prices.
Western Motorcycles seem to good guys to deal with, & easy to get to (1 minute off the Western Freeway)

Welcome Down Under.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denburger View Post
Ciao Africa 18
Benvenuto, Welcome to Australia, As I work in the industry maybe I can help? The shops you list are all good dealers, I find that it is the Salesman that counts. Just like buying anything NEW in this world, if you quickly develop a friendship with one salesman then you will most likely buy from them, because buying NEW once you have decided on a particular model you cannot compare the quality of the bike unlike buying a second hand / used bike, you can only compare Dealership and Salesperson and this is always a different experience for each person. So my advice is please visit all the Dealerships and hopefully you develop a good relationship with one or more of them. Please remember that as in most parts of the world most people that work in Motorcycle Dealerships are enthusiastic motorcycle riders themselves, even here in Australia and they will be very happy to help you.
You should also ask and expect discount for as you say "without barter" we say "no trade in" deal. Because the CRF1000L supply is slow and the demand is high maybe the discount won't be so good. All these shops carry a good range of accessories and clothing, some more than others and if they don't have it in stock it will only take a day or two for them to order it for you. Don't worry just like Italians we Aussies love a good deal and if you buy all your clothing at the same time you buy your bike than I'm sure the dealer will look after you if you ask nicely.
Thanks for your advice Denburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey View Post
Just wondering why you aren't looking at buying your clothing & boots in Italy? Should be way cheaper there than Oz prices.
Western Motorcycles seem to good guys to deal with, & easy to get to (1 minute off the Western Freeway)
Welcome Down Under.
Thanks for your advice,
I know very well the Italian products you are referring to, we have some of the best motorcycles brands such as Dainese, Spidi, Sidi, Alplinestars, Givi ecc... but moving to Australia i need to fill my luggage with my belongings and I don't have anough space for my arai helmet and my other motorcycle chlotes
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks fory the advice about Western Motorcycles!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 07:00 AM

Western gave me a great quote and MCAS are my preferred for gear, especially on the july end of financial yr sale...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 07:58 AM

I've had extensive dealings with both Bikebiz and Sydney City Motorcycles. Both are good, reputable dealers. Sydney City have a dealership at Kogarah, which is close to Bardwell Park. MCAS are good for all your accessories - I use them for most of my gear.
Cheers
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips...I'm close to the leaving and I can't wait!
I did the tests and I can pack in the luggage my motorcycle Spidi suit and my Tomtom rider 410 than I'll have to buy "only" the helmet and the boots....opss I forgot...and the Africa Twin of course

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page