Rapid bike programmer - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Rapid bike programmer

Has any one try a rapid bike programmer from Rapid Bike/Dimsport?
Looks like they have three models. EASY,EVO,RACE.
Bike runs excellent, but do have a Arrow full TI exhaust and would like fine tune it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0007.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	11585  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:59 PM

Garage
I have this controler on my crf250l.
They now have one for our bike.
http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Dirt...number=8120173
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 11:23 PM

I've just installed the Rapid bike easy. Like the name implies, installation was very simple. The bike now has a stronger idle and I can't get it to hesitate/jerk at low rpm. Off idle response now feels like that of a carbureted engine, ie. **** smooth. All in all a great purchase. I run a stock exhaust btw. The rapid bike easy has a setting for standard and after market exhausts.
eltel62 likes this.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:54 AM

Hi,

What's the difference with the BoosterPlug?
Do they do the same thing?
Cheers !
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:01 PM

I'm no expert but my understanding is that the booster plug tricks the ECU to adding more fuel by telling it the temperature is 30 degrees lower than it really is. The Rapid bike easy is a little more sophisticated in that it intercepts the oxygen sensor output and adjusts it using a micro controller. I believe they both work well but the booster plug is a real bear to install (need to remove tank air box, some fairing ..) where the rapid bike easy requires almost no dismantling( Just the back seat and possibly the brake pedal depending on your bikes setup). They cost about the same so I went with the rapid bike option. I have removed the fairing once before when installing GPS power and a 12 V AUX power and swore never to do it again. It does not like to be removed..
eltel62 and Guyzer like this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 06:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjah View Post
I've just installed the Rapid bike easy. Like the name implies, installation was very simple. The bike now has a stronger idle and I can't get it to hesitate/jerk at low rpm. Off idle response now feels like that of a carbureted engine, ie. **** smooth. All in all a great purchase. I run a stock exhaust btw. The rapid bike easy has a setting for standard and after market exhausts.
Hoping to pick one up next week, were there any recommended settings on the dials for the stock setup?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltel62 View Post
Hoping to pick one up next week, were there any recommended settings on the dials for the stock setup?
Yes. Make sure you get the latest version of the manual online. You can download it from the ruggedroads website. There are custom settings for the AT.
eltel62 likes this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 08:12 AM

http://ruggedroads.co.uk/WebRoot/Sto...000_-_EASY.pdf

Here is the install guide. Setting are at the bottom for stock and after market set up. Any one know what he first dial does ?
eltel62 likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAFRICA View Post
http://ruggedroads.co.uk/WebRoot/Sto...000_-_EASY.pdf

Here is the install guide. Setting are at the bottom for stock and after market set up. Any one know what he first dial does ?
Yes I'd like to know what it does too. Perhaps it's something to do with the gain on the PID controller?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:23 AM

Garage
Rapid Bike Easy

Fitted my Rapid Bike Easy today, a little fiddley but not bad at all. I found lowering the bash plate on its hinges and removing the brake pedal helped a lot. It allows you to get your fingers in to release a little plastic clip that holds the current connection in place down by the o2 sensor. You need to release that connection from the bracket to be able to unplug it to insert the Rapid Bike cable black connectors, the bike has to be cold to do this for obvious reasons.

Once cabled in the instructions tell you to run the bike to get the o2 sensor hot which should flash the LED on the unit proving it is working and you close it up. Ten minutes later with the fan running on the radiator I had no flashing LED, just solid, in my case it needed a good ten minute run out on the road to get it to do so.

From start to finish it took me an hour, if I did it again probably 20 mins, no need to remove the tank. I only went for a short run but initial impressions are good, I am not really looking for more power, just trying to get rid of the low speed jerkiness of the engine which it does. I felt the pickup was smooth and strong but unless riding back to back it is difficult to be really subjective, longer rides will help me evaluate. Tools required, 12mm spanner for brake lever bolt (remove the bolt all the way, it keys onto the gear shaft), underseat allen key for bash plate (stock Honda).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.GIF
Views:	78
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	26201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2.GIF
Views:	79
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	26209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide3.GIF
Views:	77
Size:	351.4 KB
ID:	26217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide4.GIF
Views:	80
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	26225  
Q-Ball likes this.

Last edited by eltel62; 06-16-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page