Could someone post the Dct reset procedure please - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
.......Sorry but having recently and reluctantly purchased the DCT, I am very interested in any possible issues.......
Eh? Why the reluctant purchase of DCT? There is a manual option as, I'm pretty sure, you will be aware.

regards
James Mc

Almost: 2017 CRF1000L DCT at the dealer with my name on it!
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Here's the correct procedure from the AT manual with thanks to my dealer in Newcastle for providing them:
Mike
PS Looks like you don't touch the throttle but it is important to get the bike fully up to working temperature.

james.mc likes this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:06 AM

Garage
If your Africa Twin has manual gearbox ignore everything below

For those that might prefer a text version of the procedure (above) I’ve taken the time, on nightshift to copy/write it up I’ll also attach a copy (DCT_Reset_Sequence_CRF1000L_DCT.txt) to this post for easy download.

Many thanks to mike5100 for providing the procedure in image form. Note, in Mike’s posts there are two images that make up the whole procedure.

Note, unlike some DCT procedures for other Honda DCT bikes (thanks again to mike5100 for pointing this out) there is no mention of throttle position so ‘assume’ that the throttle should be left alone for the reset procedure.

Quote:
DCT Reset Procedure for CRF1000L DCT
1) Warm the engine up to normal operating temperature (Engine oil temp 50-110C / 112-230F) then STOP it.
Note: If the large “L” (extremely low oil temp indicator) or small “L” (low oil temp indicator) is displayed on the shift indicator then the engine must be warmed up further before proceeding.

With the engine warmed up and STOPPED —->

2) Turn the Ignition Switch ON (with engine stop switch in the run position) (do not start the engine) whilst at the same time holding down D on the N-D Switch. Keep holding the D switch on. The MIL will then come on. Wait until the MIL goes off and release the D switch.

3) Operate the N-D switch in the following sequence:
Push D then release
Push D
Push N
Push D
Push N

The PCM is ready to initialise the ‘clutches learning process’ when the “D” and “S” indicators light up AND the “_” is displayed on the shift indicator AND blinks at 2 second intervals.

Note: If at any point you get the Low oil temp indicator (“L”) come on, stop the process. START the engine, warm it back up to operating temperature (so that no low oil temp indicator is displayed), STOP the engine and repeat steps 2 & 3 again.

4) Start the engine and let it idle. The “_” on the shift indicator will start blinking at 2 second intervals.
The Clutch initialising learning process is complete when “_” “D” and “S” indicators all go off.
STOP the engine

Note: The clutch initialisation learning process is unsuccessful if the “_” starts blinking at 0.5 sec intervals, or goes off and the “D” and “S’ symbols stay on. If so, perform the initialisation learning procedure from Step 2 again.

5) STOP the Engine
6) Restart the Engine, Push the D switch, release and check that the “D” indicator comes on. If it does then you’re good to go!
Attached Files
File Type: txt DCT_Reset_Sequence_CRF1000L_DCT.txt (1.9 KB, 18 views)
Bhart89 and Savas like this.

regards
James Mc

Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)

Last edited by james.mc; 06-16-2017 at 07:15 AM.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:04 PM

Garage
Thanks for posting this👍🏼

Question;
In the following two steps, is the correct procedure to use the key to "STOP" the engine?
My common sense says so, but in case someone is having trouble I thought I'd ask.

1) Warm the engine up to normal operating temperature (Engine oil temp 50-110C / 112-230F) then STOP it.
5) STOP the Engine

Live to ride
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I think so. Then you have to turn the ignition back on to do the rest of the sequence I think
Mike
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
Yeah I think so. Then you have to turn the ignition back on to do the rest of the sequence I think
Mike
Yep! I'd agree, as using the kill switch doesn't give the DCT time to do what it should do, as opposed to what happens on normal shutdown when using the ignition switch/key.

regards
James Mc

Last edited by james.mc; 06-17-2017 at 07:46 AM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the input on that.. Its always good to now. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page