DCT Reset Procedure for CRF1000L DCT
1) Warm the engine up to normal operating temperature (Engine oil temp 50-110C / 112-230F) then STOP it.
Note: If the large “L” (extremely low oil temp indicator) or small “L” (low oil temp indicator) is displayed on the shift indicator then the engine must be warmed up further before proceeding.
With the engine warmed up and STOPPED —->
2) Turn the Ignition Switch ON (with engine stop switch in the run position) (do not start the engine) whilst at the same time holding down D on the N-D Switch. Keep holding the D switch on. The MIL will then come on. Wait until the MIL goes off and release the D switch.
3) Operate the N-D switch in the following sequence:
Push D then release
The PCM is ready to initialise the ‘clutches learning process’ when the “D” and “S” indicators light up AND the “_” is displayed on the shift indicator AND blinks at 2 second intervals.
Note: If at any point you get the Low oil temp indicator (“L”) come on, stop the process. START the engine, warm it back up to operating temperature (so that no low oil temp indicator is displayed), STOP the engine and repeat steps 2 & 3 again.
4) Start the engine and let it idle. The “_” on the shift indicator will start blinking at 2 second intervals.
The Clutch initialising learning process is complete when “_” “D” and “S” indicators all go off.
STOP the engine
Note: The clutch initialisation learning process is unsuccessful if the “_” starts blinking at 0.5 sec intervals, or goes off and the “D” and “S’ symbols stay on. If so, perform the initialisation learning procedure from Step 2 again.
5) STOP the Engine
6) Restart the Engine, Push the D switch, release and check that the “D” indicator comes on. If it does then you’re good to go!