Could someone post the Dct reset procedure please - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Could someone post the Dct reset procedure please

It will be in the workshop manual somewhere and involve pressing the D-N rocker switch quickly in sequence something like DDNDN but there are other things needed and they vary from model to model (and in some cases model year)
Many thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 AM

Garage
DCT RESET
  • Start the engine.
  • Select N
  • Stop the engine.
  • While pressing D, switch the ignition on, wait until the yellow ‘engine' symbol goes out on the dash, then release D
  • Press in fast sequence: DDNDN
  • On the dash, the letters D and S should appear together
  • Restart engine, allow it to idle.
  • After a few seconds, the letters D and S should go out.
Job done!
mike5100 likes this.

regards
James Mc

Almost: 2017 CRF1000L DCT at the dealer with my name on it!
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)

Last edited by james.mc; 06-12-2017 at 04:36 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james.mc View Post
DCT RESET
  • Start the engine.
  • Select N
  • Stop the engine.
  • While pressing D, switch the ignition on, wait until the yellow ‘engine' symbol goes out on the dash, then release D
  • Press in fast sequence: DDNDN
  • On the dash, the letters D and S should appear together
  • Restart engine, allow it to idle.
  • After a few seconds, the letters D and S should go out.
Job done!
Was there anything else mentioned in the manual James? On the NC it didn't work unless you had got the engine up to working temperature first and on the pre 2016 model you had to keep the throttle closed whereas on the 2016 bike you had to hold the throttle wide open while you pressed the sequence
Mike

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Garage
What does this accomplish exactly?
Is it helpful to perform occasionally?

Live to ride
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

On the NC bikes they gradually got a bit unpleasant (as in stop/start) to ride at low speed in traffic. A Dct reset every 1500 miles or so seemed to put it back to a lot smoother operation My AT is at 2350 miles now and seems to have developed the same 'issue' but it might be my imagination. Anyway no harm in trying the reset
Mike
stormy1954 likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
On the NC bikes they gradually got a bit unpleasant (as in stop/start) to ride at low speed in traffic. A Dct reset every 1500 miles or so seemed to put it back to a lot smoother operation My AT is at 2350 miles now and seems to have developed the same 'issue' but it might be my imagination. Anyway no harm in trying the reset
Mike
Unpleasant?

Live to ride
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niterunnr View Post
Unpleasant?
Talking about low revs slow moving maybe in traffic maybe slowly on a trail maybe moving round s carvpark (parking lot). The transmission would feel lumpy sort of stop-start a bit of hesitation sometimes feeling like the box didn't know what gear it should be in
Mike
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Talking about low revs slow moving maybe in traffic maybe slowly on a trail maybe moving round s carvpark (parking lot). The transmission would feel lumpy sort of stop-start a bit of hesitation sometimes feeling like the box didn't know what gear it should be in
Mike
Since your question was answered and mine is directly related, you'll forgive my thread-jack

I don't mean to be anal Mike, but I still don't have a clear picture; the problem is in the DCT, the bike is shifting for no reason? "Stop-start a bit of hesitation" makes me think engine and since DCT is just a computerized manual I don't see how it would create the event you describe. Sorry but having recently and reluctantly purchased the DCT, I am very interested in any possible issues.

Live to ride
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niterunnr View Post
Since your question was answered and mine is directly related, you'll forgive my thread-jack

I don't mean to be anal Mike, but I still don't have a clear picture; the problem is in the DCT, the bike is shifting for no reason? "Stop-start a bit of hesitation" makes me think engine and since DCT is just a computerized manual I don't see how it would create the event you describe. Sorry but having recently and reluctantly purchased the DCT, I am very interested in any possible issues.
You'd be best exploring the nc700.co.uk forum. There's plenty of discussion of the symptoms, the procedure and the cure. Embee on there is probably the most engineering type so look for his posts. I know he regularly resets his Integra DCT
Mike
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Was there anything else mentioned in the manual James? On the NC it didn't work unless you had got the engine up to working temperature first and on the pre 2016 model you had to keep the throttle closed whereas on the 2016 bike you had to hold the throttle wide open while you pressed the sequence
Mike
Hi Mike,

I picked this up on the web. The guys said he used it and it worked. His English was a bit sketchy, not his first language, so I edited and cleaned up the grammar. Pretty sure I didn't miss a sequence though.

If anyone tries this and notices that the sequence is flawed please let me know as I have stored this away in case I need it for when I actually have my new AT circa August when I get home from a long trip away at work.

regards
James Mc

Almost: 2017 CRF1000L DCT at the dealer with my name on it!
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page