Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvergs View Post
thought i'd posted this already.

https://goo.gl/photos/kp48i2daeoz1jjm48
good man
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Had a call from Honda today to say they are aware of a issue regarding cold starting

But they would not say how much longer my bike will be off the road awaiting authorization and or delivery of the part.

they also said they are aware of a issue regarding the heated grips and assured me that this will be sorted / replaced once japan have decided what they are going to do

Its Taking too long to replace a simple sensor ??

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum Dog View Post
Good luck and thanks for posting.
Finally (8 days later) got the warranty claim for the faults on my AFI approved ! parts ordered should be here next Tuesday so fingers crossed collect next Wednesday , 12 days to replace a faulty sensor ???

not good Mr. Honda Not Good at all . love the bike but not your service
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

IVE Put in here and the general discussion bit as well

they have replaced the Air temp sensor and the tilt angle sensor

the first sign of things happening now I think about it was increased fuel consumption and the odd cut out on closing the throttle then cutting out on cold start up

finished on this subject I hope after tue/wed
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Just had call to collect bike on WED two sensors replaced and fuel and breather lines checked and replaced as required , hope its sorted !! but it still took too long to carry out such a minor repair , so no more posts one hopes on this subject from me
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyOne View Post
Gotta love first-run niggles.
A niggle is a defective or problematic part affecting a number of bikes, like the spokes. This is a one-off case.

2016 Tricolor DCT
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Ad Venture View Post
A niggle is a defective or problematic part affecting a number of bikes, like the spokes. This is a one-off case.
I can assure you this is absolutely not a one off niggle

hundreds of people have had useless heated grips supplied (why keep fitting them when they know they don't work ? could it be the 300) dozens and dozens of people have rusting spokes after a few weeks of ownership

and 2 other people I know in my area alone have starting issues

I love the bike to bits it puts a smile one your face and I don't intend to sell it yet as its fun to ride ,i just pray its not going to be a lemon

BUT i absolutely loath Hondas total lack of empathy and urgency in resolving these issues once they have got owners 10k in the bank. The people working for Honda are pleasant and polite but the structure they have to work to needs bringing into the modern customer service era

or I will stop buying Hondas like I have triumphs , both company's make brilliant bikes but they pi** you off when you have a problem
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy Boy View Post
I can assure you this is absolutely not a one off niggle

hundreds of people have had useless heated grips supplied (why keep fitting them when they know they don't work ? could it be the 300) dozens and dozens of people have rusting spokes after a few weeks of ownership

and 2 other people I know in my area alone have starting issues

I love the bike to bits it puts a smile one your face and I don't intend to sell it yet as its fun to ride ,i just pray its not going to be a lemon

BUT i absolutely loath Hondas total lack of empathy and urgency in resolving these issues once they have got owners 10k in the bank. The people working for Honda are pleasant and polite but the structure they have to work to needs bringing into the modern customer service era

or I will stop buying Hondas like I have triumphs , both company's make brilliant bikes but they pi** you off when you have a problem
Maybe you misunderstood my post. I was saying a first-run niggle is defective part or a problem that affects a large number of first year bikes. Like the grip heaters and the spokes on the ATs. Don't think failing sensors fall into that category yet.

I wouldn't be a happy camper either if I was getting the run around from Honda. Hope your bike is sorted and it stays problem-free from now.

2016 Tricolor DCT
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Ad Venture View Post
Actually we are both wrong a niggle is a complaint or a criticism.

Back on topic, as it stands, this half of the hemisphere hasn't seen the AT yet and given the small amount of feedback from owners on this forum alone, it would appear that there are a number of small problems with the first run bike that Honda needs to address as production continues.

Waiting to get my wings back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page