Power Commander for the AT - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 31Likes

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 04:50 AM

Sorry it has been a few days since my last post. I have had to re register with a slightly different user name as I have been having issues signing in. I also wanted to use the bike for a bit as I am now in South Wales after riding down from Manchester yesterday, mostly A and B roads with a bit of motorway. So about 275 miles since I have had it done.

It is definitely better, more drive in 4/5/6th gears and it does not start running out of steam when going over 100mph. The throttle response is the most impressive part of the whole experience, no more hunting on a constant throttle and the power is delivered in a much softer way when you crack on the throttle coming out of corners.

The mods I have carried out are:
Full Termigoni Exhaust system
DNA air filter - not sure it makes any difference to performance but it makes a lovely air boxy 'slurping' noise when Opening the throttle
I have fitted a lamba blanking plug as the O2 eliminator negated the use of the lamba sensor
Power Commander with a custom map

I can highly recommend the above mods (I don't think it makes much of a difference which full system you fit) and it gives the bike a bit more power and torque everywhere but the main improvement is definitely the throttle response.

I will post some pictures up of the Dynojet graph when I can suss out how to do it!
African Twin Mofo and Helgi like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonypvs1 View Post
Sorry it has been a few days since my last post. I have had to re register with a slightly different user name as I have been having issues signing in. I also wanted to use the bike for a bit as I am now in South Wales after riding down from Manchester yesterday, mostly A and B roads with a bit of motorway. So about 275 miles since I have had it done.

It is definitely better, more drive in 4/5/6th gears and it does not start running out of steam when going over 100mph. The throttle response is the most impressive part of the whole experience, no more hunting on a constant throttle and the power is delivered in a much softer way when you crack on the throttle coming out of corners.

DNA air filter - not sure it makes any difference to performance but it makes a lovely air boxy 'slurping' noise when Opening the throttle
I have fitted a lamba blanking plug as the O2 eliminator negated the use of the lamba sensor

I can highly recommend the above mods (I don't think it makes much of a difference which full system you fit) and it gives the bike a bit more power and torque everywhere but the main improvement is definitely the throttle response.

I will post some pictures up of the Dynojet graph when I can suss out how to do it!

So, how do we get a power commander
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 10:13 AM

I am feeding back to them early next week on any issues I have as it is the first prototype unit to be fitted to any AT.

If you need a unit making up you could call few developments and they may be able to make a unit up for you.

No idea when they will go on general sale

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonypvs1 View Post

Can you just upload the graph onto flickr or some other similar place and put the link here?
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 03:51 PM

Any new updates on this? Just purchased an Arrow slip on. Would like to get their matching SS header that deletes the CAT. But not buying that until I have a tuning option available.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 12:18 AM

Has anyone removed the stock cat (by whatever means, drill it out..etc?) and ride the bike using the stock exhaust?
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 05:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Has anyone removed the stock cat (by whatever means, drill it out..etc?) and ride the bike using the stock exhaust?
We are waiting on you to do that and post the results.
Take it down for a dyno run get the results.
Get the hacksaw out cut the cat out just where the footpeg is (weigh it and tell us how much weight it saves) get an exhaust shop to weld on a SS extension that snakes up to the stock muffler. Take that back for another dyno run and post those results.
Problem is nobody makes much money out of making the little short bit of SS pipe.
So we all voted that you take one for the team and go ahead with the project because we are all interested in the outcome but we are all wimping out on grabbing the hacksaw.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
We are waiting on you to do that and post the results.
Take it down for a dyno run get the results.
Get the hacksaw out cut the cat out just where the footpeg is (weigh it and tell us how much weight it saves) get an exhaust shop to weld on a SS extension that snakes up to the stock muffler. Take that back for another dyno run and post those results.
Problem is nobody makes much money out of making the little short bit of SS pipe.
So we all voted that you take one for the team and go ahead with the project because we are all interested in the outcome but we are all wimping out on grabbing the hacksaw.
Boom!! All done, it now makes 120HP...your turn.
eltel62 and Dave CT like this.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 09:44 AM

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the report!

Do you expect a better bhp and torque figures with the Power Commander? Or is much more an inprovement in the delivery or in the start-middle range of the throtle waht you expect?
5bhp for 1200 (Termignioni full system) is still not very attractive...
Do you have any graphic available?
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 05:56 PM

Power Commander for the AT

Ebay Listing - Item 172367054884

DYNOJET E16-064 POWER COMMANDER V PCV PC5 HONDA AFRICA TWIN CRF1000L CRF 1000 L

Maybe they are now available ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page