Power Commander for the AT - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 24Likes

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Power Commander for the AT

Chaps,

just a bit of an update.......

I have dropped off my Africa Twin with FW Developments in Garstang this morning so they can design a PCV and an Autotune device around my bike and so Dynojet can start selling Power Commanders to owners who have fitted after market exhausts etc.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It should be done and dusted by Friday. They have told me that they will keep me upto date with the progress they are making with the project.

Hoping for a genuine 100BHP and an increase in Torque figures and a nicer throttle response.

I will keep all upto date when I hear anything and I will upload any Dyno Maps as and when I receive the.

All the best

Simon
Wadeo, Ozav8r, Mad Frosty and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:36 PM

Good man!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 02:43 PM

Thanks Simon....

Should be interesting to see what they can do.....Will this be with or without the catalytic converter on your bike. Wondering how much difference removing the cat makes?
Is your bike a DCT or Manual.

EZ

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

I have fitted a full Termi system to the bike but I also left the standard system with them.
They are going to do a fuel map for the standard system, standard down pipes with the termi end can and a bespoke map for my bike with the full Termi.
The bike is a manual AT
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Actually really interested to see the comparison in dyno charts and torque curves.
True Ad Venture likes this.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Very interesting, def feel like some more go would be welcome. How many miles on yours ? Be interesting to know what the standard setup produces on dyne be fore any upgrades.
Nice one !
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henery View Post
Very interesting, def feel like some more go would be welcome. How many miles on yours ? Be interesting to know what the standard setup produces on dyne be fore any upgrades.
Nice one !
It's only done about a thousand miles but it was run in nice and hard without taking the motor above 6k.

I changed the oil after the first 50 miles so the engine was running with clean oil when I was running it in and then it went into the dealers for the 600 mile service

Last edited by simonypvs; 05-10-2016 at 04:20 PM.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 PM

Any news?

Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT / Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650/ HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrays View Post
Any news?
Sorry Chaps,

I forgot about this post

UPDATE: The AT went to FW Develpoments for the week as planned but there is a bit of an issue with the design of the Power Commander.

The connectors that need to be used to link the system up to the injector system are unlike any that FW have ever seen.

They have done all the measurements for the design but they will have to get the electrical connectors made before it can be fitted.

The bike is (as suspected) running lean on the closed loop and runs as standard 14.7:1. This is basically the system that allows the bike to be Euro 4/5 compliant, most closed loop systems only operate at 10-20% throttle opening but the AT's closed loop operates up to 50% throttle openings.

They have produced an O2 eliminator and fitted it to the bike which eliminates the abrupt throttle response when a full system is fitted so the Lamba sensor on my bike is now disconnected and is redundant. Mine is now running at around 14:1 Air fuel ratio with a much better/softer throttle response.

FW are off to support the Isle of Man TT for the next 3 weeks so (hopefully) the connectors should have been produced by the time they get back.

As usual when trying to do something for the first time there are lots of small issues that rear their ugly head that no one has plenned for.

Again I will update when I have some more news.

The bike is now producing a genuine 93.7 BHP at the back wheel but I did not get the torque figures from them. The bike as standard is producing 88bhp so you can assume that fitting a Full system, in my case Termi and the O2 sensor gives a 5bhp increase in power

All the best

Simon
FullThrottle, Rory and abj like this.

Last edited by simonypvs; 05-18-2016 at 05:57 AM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonypvs View Post
Sorry Chaps,

I forgot about this post

UPDATE: The AT went to FW Develpoments for the week as planned but there is a bit of an issue with the design of the Power Commander.

The connectors that need to be used to link the system up to the injector system are unlike any that FW have ever seen.

They have done all the measurements for the design but they will have to get the electrical connectors made before it can be fitted.

The bike is (as suspected) running lean on the closed loop and runs as standard 14.7:1. This is basically the system that allows the bike to be Euro 4/5 compliant, most closed loop systems only operate at 10-20% throttle opening but the AT's closed loop operates up to 50% throttle openings.

They have produced an O2 eliminator and fitted it to the bike which eliminates the abrupt throttle response when a full system is fitted so the Lamba sensor on my bike is now disconnected and is redundant. Mine is now running at around 14:1 Air fuel ratio with a much better/softer throttle response.

FW are off to support the Isle of Man TT for the next 3 weeks so (hopefully) the connectors should have been produced by the time they get back.

As usual when trying to do something for the first time there are lots of small issues that rear their ugly head that no one has plenned for.

Again I will update when I have some more news.

The bike is now producing a genuine 93.7 BHP at the back wheel but I did not get the torque figures from them. The bike as standard is producing 88bhp so you can assume that fitting a Full system, in my case Termi and the O2 sensor gives a 5bhp increase in power

All the best

Simon
Thanks for the report, and for being the pioneer.
Lowcruzr likes this.

2016 Tricolor DCT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page