Manual gearbox problems - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 13Likes

post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks kindly for the advice

I did several clutch less changes today from 2 nd gear through to 6 th absolutely perfect very slick. No noise , and seamless changes

It's defo a clutch activation problem , I'm sure the dealer and Honda will fix it between them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 05:33 PM

I have a new manual with 380 miles and noticed while going down the freeway shifted from fifth to sixth the gear indicator showed a strange horizontal bar. I shifted back to fifth and up to sixth and the display looked fine. Other than that shifting has been super smooth. I did raise my shifter a little bit to better fit my boots.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Bean View Post
I had mine jump out of 6th on the freeway. Hit neutral which I have never experienced on any other bike.Only happened once so maybe I didn't engage it properly. Haven't ridden since hopefully not an issue. Other than that gearbox very smooth.
That is strange , mine have jumped out of gear 3 times in 2500 miles , i initially thought that it was me not pushing the gear in fully but then it did it again , after roughly 1000 miles the problem dissapeared so i was thinking the gearbox is fully broken in , but then last saturday it did it again in 4 gear , it was pulling then it jumped out of gear so the revs vent right up and then it poped back in the gear on its own , never seen this on any of my previous bikes . Dealer does not believe me of course .

post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 03:53 AM

same to me - my AT is around 1300km(810mi); until first 1000km service it happened 4-5 times between 2.-3.gear and 3.-4.gear, i tought that it was my fault because of my new boots but after first service dealer told me that it would change anymore but it did not - it happened 2 times again - will follow this topic to see what others do and will wait till 2000km if nothing changes will visit delare again
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Frosty View Post
That is strange , mine have jumped out of gear 3 times in 2500 miles , i initially thought that it was me not pushing the gear in fully but then it did it again , after roughly 1000 miles the problem dissapeared so i was thinking the gearbox is fully broken in , but then last saturday it did it again in 4 gear , it was pulling then it jumped out of gear so the revs vent right up and then it poped back in the gear on its own , never seen this on any of my previous bikes . Dealer does not believe me of course .
I could be dangerous in traffic if it jumps out of gear and mine jumped out a long way after I engaged it.
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

my bike jumped out of 6th whilst overtaking up a hill .( I thought it was me at the time)

luckly I am an experienced rider, could be squeaky bum time for some.
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
my bike jumped out of 6th whilst overtaking up a hill .( I thought it was me at the time)

luckly I am an experienced rider, could be squeaky bum time for some.
Have you spoken to your dealer. I did today he said I must watch it to see how often it does it. I have had a good few bikes hit many neutrals but never jumped out of gear.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

The dealer and Honda uk are in contact ,Honda want an update after the first service I will update this thread in a couple of weeks .

This model is still awesome I reckon it will be a timeless classic
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 PM

How ironic after all the posts about DCT fears :-)
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:56 PM

Reading some of the posts got me thinking .... , i thought that my chain was bit too loose when i had the issues , so i have tightened it little bit , but few people have commented on it saying that its too tight so i have loosened it again ( so it makes the chain slapper noise going over bumps etc ) and then it jumped out of gear again , i can see that there is a pattern here or is it just coincidence ?

County Durham cowboy .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page