How do you Feel about Tubed Tires? - Page 6 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 12Likes

post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 12:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abj View Post
Do you have any review and pictures on the tires yet? Looking to put on some 50/50 tires but still deciding which ones!
The Motoz Adventure would be the best 50/50 that I have ever used they have very good grip on damp wet pavement they are very good in wet clay and rock and gravel. They do not make a lot of noise at speed they do move a little on the blocks but they have very good grip in all conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-27 16.13.11.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	3137  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 03:41 AM
abj

Sounds great. Any idea of the maximum mileage you can do with them? I ride about 35 000km a year and 10 000km/set is the minimum for me otherwise I have to change tires every 3 months. Thanks for the info.
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 03:50 AM
abj

DId you easily found a dealer that sells these tires? Have been looking online on European websites not can't find them. Mayby a bit to early?

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 03:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abj View Post
Sounds great. Any idea of the maximum mileage you can do with them? I ride about 35 000km a year and 10 000km/set is the minimum for me otherwise I have to change tires every 3 months. Thanks for the info.
I would expect them to be about 5000km a TKC80 would normally last 1000-2000 km
They do have a less agressive Adventure tire as well called the GPS
http://pacificpowersports.info/produ...ctionator-gps/

Not sure where they may stock them.
With that milage do you need an offroad tire or could you use something that has longer life. If I go on a long road trip I put on a different tire.
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
The air down point is a good one I had not considered. I ride like an old lady these days so I can go full pressure and not worry about it. I have plugged a couple of tubeless tires and I can tell you it is much easier than replacing a tube.
Quite agree. Tubeless repair - dead easy. With a tubeless rim you can have belt and braces - tubeless tyre with tube fitted. Continental say "no problem". Other ADV bikes fitted with spoked, tubeless wheels include Triumph, Yamaha and BMW. BTW, Honda Crosstourer fitted with SPOKED tubeless rim. Be nice if we could have the same for the Africa Twin!
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 12:16 PM

I feel that I'm being sold a bike with 21st century electronics (many of which I could do without) and 19th century wheels.
I'd like to know where the tube type fans that claim they can run lower pressures for off road use are finding rim locks to fit their rear wheels, as running low pressures without will likely result in a torn valve on the tube.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 03:41 AM

My previous bike the Crosstourer had tuneless spoked wheels - the spoke sits in the outer edge of the rim beyond the tyre seal.
I likes the look and clearly the technology is there - perhaps not as strong as the conventional spoked wheel off road but for those who use for mainly tarmac with the odd trail thrown in would be a good way to go. Perhaps one of the aftermarket suppliers may offer something?
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarinsocal View Post
You may want to look into Tubliss then.
Is it suitable/safe for road use?
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner99 View Post
Is it suitable/safe for road use?

NO! Unfortunately..From their website:

"TUbliss is for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY and is NOT recommended for street use. USING THE CORRECT TIRE for your riding is VERY IMPORTANT! For extremely rocky conditions (especially at high speed), make sure to use a tough 6 ply, desert-type tire to reduce the risk of cutting and punctures."
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:47 PM

Garage
Motion Pro Bead Buddy II works on front rim, but back rim is too wide. So you will have to work a little harder on a rear wheel flat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page