Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 - Rear Tyre Available Soon For Africa Twin - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By stormy1954

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 - Rear Tyre Available Soon For Africa Twin

Some of us have been waiting for the Scorpion Trail 2 rear tyre to be available for the AT (front is already available) before discarding the OEM Dunlop tyres. It seems the wait is nearly over, though retail price is as yet unknown!

This is what Pirelli answered to a recent enquiry:

We are anticipating stock of the rear at the end of this month, they will be available at your nearest stockist by then, also you maybe able to place them on back order with your local supplier.

Front-90/90-21M/CTL 54V Scorpion Trail2-Part Code-2526800
Rear-150/70R18M/CTL 70V Scorpion Trail2-Part Code-2803200

Why have we been waiting? Well, have a look at the Motorrad Magazine review at:
http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/ne...zine-motorrad/

Of course, make up your own mind if they will suit you and if you hear of the price please let us know here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:06 AM

I've just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail II from Pneus - www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk, so the rear tye cost me £100 and the front £82.

I've done this after another oem tyre slide in the wet on my way to work, very little provacation needed to get the back out - a bit of fun but a bit of a surprise when not expected!

I'm in no rush to put these on but expect to do this in the next couple of weeks - I'll report back with any findings.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
I've just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail II from Pneus - www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk, so the rear tye cost me £100 and the front £82.

I've done this after another oem tyre slide in the wet on my way to work, very little provacation needed to get the back out - a bit of fun but a bit of a surprise when not expected!

I'm in no rush to put these on but expect to do this in the next couple of weeks - I'll report back with any findings.
How she go with the scorpions?
I've been wanting pirellis but they didn't come in 18 inch.
I'm wondering if my dealer will fit tubes in tubeless tire due to liability issues.
Thanks

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 01:27 PM

Any update on when these will be available in the U.S.?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 03:40 PM

I did promise an update on the Scorpioms, had them on for a few months and about 800miles now. They are so much better in all conditiond than the original dunlops. I find it is more the bike I wanted, I feel confident pushing the front in the dry and in the wet it is a different world no more slides and much more confidence.

The tyre themselves seem more round in profile so the bike rolls into corners easier, they also seem to raise the bike up a bit so the seat seems higher, not really a problem though.

Don't have a feel about longevity yet or off road abilty although I did have to park in the middle of a field when watching racing at Olivers Mount but I don't think that counts.

All in all very pleased.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 01:19 PM

I have these on my AT. There are a few posts from me on them here Metzeler Tourance NEXT Tires Also a link to the Motorrad test of dual sport tyres in which the Scorpion Trail 2s came out on top.

Bottom line, with 1200 miles on them, I have found they are as good on the AT as the two sets I had on my now sold GS1200LC. Great grip wet or dry, hot or cold, good life on the GS, no concerns at all. Happy camper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page