Recommendation for tires? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 23Likes

post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Tires

Hello folks,

what tires do you use on your bike? Mine was equipped with Continental TKC80's (twinduro's). I found them too knobby for hard road use, so I changed them after 300 km for TKC70's. Which are called "twinduro" too. However their name, today I did some 10 km off-road and, they are far too slippery. Is there something like the best of both worlds?

Regards
Bart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:38 PM
abj

Hey Bart

I'm waiting for the new Michelin Anakee Wild (which is also quite offroad situated but should be better on road and have longer road life than the TKC80).

I will install Mitas E-07. They aren't avaible for tube tires but I will fit tubeless on my tube wheels. Should work. I always ran Mitas E-07 on my previous R1200GS. They are good and road but also quite good offroad. As long as it doesn't get to muddy. They are quite cheap to!

Arne
bart de mare likes this.
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

That Michelin was mentioned by Felix and Jos too... Something to hold in mind...
abj likes this.

post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM

Conti Trail Attack 2's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	2369  
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abj View Post
Hey Bart

I'm waiting for the new Michelin Anakee Wild (which is also quite offroad situated but should be better on road and have longer road life than the TKC80).

I will install Mitas E-07. They aren't avaible for tube tires but I will fit tubeless on my tube wheels. Should work. I always ran Mitas E-07 on my previous R1200GS. They are good and road but also quite good offroad. As long as it doesn't get to muddy. They are quite cheap to!

Arne
Cheap is always good
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 06:50 AM

Garage
Do you have any information when will Michelin release Anakee Wild in rear size?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It seams they only have matched front size.
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:01 AM

Anakee Wild not showing available in a 150/70 18, Africa Twin size?
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:30 AM

Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT / Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650/ HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...
post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 03:43 AM

Garage
I'v got this reply from Michelin UK about Anakee Wild:

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in the new Anakee Wild tyres.

The good news is that we are planning to make the rear 18" size you need for the new CRF, however it is not going to be available until the summer of next year, as things stand.

Sorry it's not better news,
So ride slowly and preserve your tyres until then
abj likes this.
post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Recommendation for tires?

Hi everyone,

I've read some forums and can't really decide what are the best tires for my use.
I know everyone has their own opinion on tires, but as an adventure rider newbie, I will basically rely in opinions of others before I test it out. I plan to take the AT as my first light off road ride lessons, and slowly learn how to do it properly.

Before my current AT purchase, I have only ridden on road tires. Riding mostly B roads up and down mountains on naked bikes like Sr500, Street Triple and Triumph Bonneviles etc.

What is the best option for mostly road use, but with ability to take it light off road, woods, gravel, etc?

I read Contiential TKC 70 seems to be pretty good? And Michelin Anakee Wild (which are not released yet for the AT).
Is there really a Do It All tire?

The OEM tires doesn't really promote confidence, since I had a near off already on light mud. They're ok on the road, bit tricky in even wet paved road.

Any opinion would be helpful.
Thanks
Rich.
Halbjorn likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page