Lowering - Whats possible - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughan View Post
Here are a couple of photos of my shorter stand - excellent quality on par with the original and very solid. This was from Krooztune who now do a complete lowering kit for the AT that includes the shorter side stand and an insert for the centre stand that you cut yourself then get welded or could bolt it. Attached is a photo of my bike with the full lowering and stand mods.
Thanks Vaughan, it looks nice, I contacted them yesterday to see if they will sell the side-stand separately but so far no reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 01:55 PM

Hi,
Interested in the dog bone change with new side stand. I tried to remove my stock spring to fit a hyperpro lowered one but could not get the unit out the swing arm area !!!
Could you tell me how to get in touch with kroostune as I am in the uk.
Any info much appreciated.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncroz62 View Post
Hi,
Interested in the dog bone change with new side stand. I tried to remove my stock spring to fit a hyperpro lowered one but could not get the unit out the swing arm area !!!
Could you tell me how to get in touch with kroostune as I am in the uk.
Any info much appreciated.
John, have a look at this thread post 2 it might help.
Removing the Rear Shock

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:12 PM

Hi, Thanks I followed that thread when I attempted the job and even removed the rectifier but there wasn't enough clearance for it to lift out I was going to remove the lower dog leg and coolant bottle to create more room but gave up 😡
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncroz62 View Post
Hi, Thanks I followed that thread when I attempted the job and even removed the rectifier but there wasn't enough clearance for it to lift out I was going to remove the lower dog leg and coolant bottle to create more room but gave up 😡
Its is a bit fiddly and really needs 2 people but once you lift the swing arm up its not too bad. Good luck.
Johncroz62 likes this.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 08:30 PM

Hi Johncroz62, the people I used are Krooztune with a Z not S, easily found on the web. David is the Owner / Doer who did mine so I can't advise how he removed the shock assy. I think that he did it all from below without even removing the seat, but he has the lifting bike stand of course so that must make it easier. The lowering on my bike uses the same springs and shocks so only the mechanical "dogbone" linkage is changed (by about 15mm) on the rear, and spacers plus raising the fwd struts in the triple clamps by 10mm. This means that the (somewhat soft) suspension characteristics are very closely maintained but the whole bike sits 40mm lower. Earlier in the thread I give some of the numbers that are important to me, such as lean angle and ground clearances etc.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 08:39 PM

Hi Johncroz62, I clearly did not think this through - of course Krooztune did not need to remove my original shock assy as they only changed the mechanical links below - DUH!
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 05:20 PM

Soupy's Performance is now offering lowering links and adjustable kickstands for the Africa Twin. These turnbuckle style links will allow you to adjust the rear ride height of the bike infinitely between stock height and a -4 inch drop. No need to remove bolts and disassemble the rear suspension every time you raise or lower your bike.

Soupy is a local Michigan friend of mine. It is a small family business that makes quality parts. If you are looking to lower your bike, consider supporting a US small business and motorcycle enthusiast.

- Soupy's Performance Link -

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 09:07 AM

Hi Vaughan,

Was this the kit you have got? https://krooztune.store/shop/adventu...-lowering-kit/

kyle
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1000 View Post
Hi Vaughan,

Was this the kit you have got? https://krooztune.store/shop/adventu...-lowering-kit/

kyle
I wonder what the 'fork kit' comes with...?

JasonWD.com - Silver DCT No.000011 -Complete Trans America Trail '16. Check the blog.
Please add your location to your stats!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page