Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum - View Single Post - What do you like about the Africa Twin CRF1000L (Manual or DCT) and why did you choos
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
james.mc

Garage
I don't even have my new AT yet.... however did own an SD01 Varadero XL1000V from new for 10 years in The Algarve, Portugal and rode all over European mainland on it, plus the UK. We moved to Vancouver Island, Canada in Feb 2013. In 2014 I bought a used Triumph Tiger 1050 to fill in the time whilst all the hype was being released by Honda about the (then) upcoming Africa Twin.

I bided my time, test rode nothing, had fun with the Tiger (its a good bike for sure) and just knew, from all that I have read, that a CRF1000L DCT would be the next bike for me. I like the way Honda do things, In the last year I like 99% of what I read out the AT. Sold! to the man in black! So, new DCT in August and Tiger 1050 up for sale at the same time.

I've already ordered a full Bumot Pannier set, Bark-busters, RockFox crash bars (Upper and Lower) and a centre stand, so will have plenty of fun fitting that lot when I get my hands on the bike Which kind of makes me rather pleased that I am away at work at this stage of the spending spree!!

Let the fun begin!

regards
James Mc

Almost: 2017 CRF1000L DCT at the dealer with my name on it!
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)

Last edited by james.mc; 06-18-2017 at 12:49 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome