Bumot Skid Plate - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Bumot Skid Plate

G'day
I thought I'd share an early look the new Bumot's new skid plate that Assen has just released.

We've got a fair bit of choice now, Bumot, Outback Motortek and BB ones are all my favourite for how I use my bike.

I like the low weight from the 4mm alloy, it looks and feels like it will take a big thump and scrape n slide over rocks and logs easily. The mounting points are tough and while it does utilise the OEM front mounting points, the hardware and pickup points along the base plate appear to do a lot of the work.

I also like how narrow it is whilst still protecting the engine cases, I do a bit of rocky fire trails so I am pretty comfortable now that I won't rip my engine apart.

I'm confident they'll work with a range of crash bars, and I've just ordered some outback motortek ones. if anyone wants and detailed measurements to check clearance just ask.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File 28-10-2016, 09 42 49.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	10434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9012.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	10442   Click image for larger version

Name:	File 28-10-2016, 09 45 08.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	10450   Click image for larger version

Name:	File 28-10-2016, 09 44 07.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	10458  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 11:29 AM

Garage
Thanks for posting. That is a good unit. I like the protection for the Alternator cover on the left, which is the most vulnerable part of this motor.

The B&B item from Australia is equally good in that regard and a very robust item. However, my problem with both would be the close proximity of the front fender under full fork compression. Not a problem for those with the standard fender but I have a Fenda Extenda on mine and there would be a question mark over that proximity given that both protrude a little too far in front of the headers. The cutaway on both takes care of the standard fender.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
G'day
I thought I'd share an early look the new Bumot's new skid plate that Assen has just released.

We've got a fair bit of choice now, Bumot, Outback Motortek and BB ones are all my favourite for how I use my bike.

I like the low weight from the 4mm alloy, it looks and feels like it will take a big thump and scrape n slide over rocks and logs easily. The mounting points are tough and while it does utilise the OEM front mounting points, the hardware and pickup points along the base plate appear to do a lot of the work.

I also like how narrow it is whilst still protecting the engine cases, I do a bit of rocky fire trails so I am pretty comfortable now that I won't rip my engine apart.

I'm confident they'll work with a range of crash bars, and I've just ordered some outback motortek ones. if anyone wants and detailed measurements to check clearance just ask.

Steve
Are these the production model or are they still in development? They look nice but no rubber frame mounts?

Don't threaten me with a good time!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Hi Mate
They are in production and available:
http://shop.bumot.eu/en/catalog/cid/67.html

Regards
Stephen
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:33 AM

The very first Frozen Grey skid plate from Bumot, very pleased, can't wait to get it fitted (also have the panniers to match) Thank-you to Assen at Bumot n Cliff at Adventure Bike Shop for all your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0483_1480955532736.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	11561   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0482_1480955549385.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	11569   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0479_1480955565814.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	11577  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:45 PM

So did these not have rubber frame mounts and do we know about the clearance of the fender?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 08:31 PM

This is by far the best looking bash plate I've seen. Also reduces the need for lower crash bars. Will any of the upper crash bars work or with this in terms of mounting?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 12:33 AM

Man that is one nice bash plate!
nixter likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
G'day

Steve

Steve,

Could I bother you to take pics of how the bash plate sits in relation to your feet? Does this interfere with the controls in any way?

Thanks!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
G'day

Steve

Hi Steve nice looking plate. Do you by any chance know the weight? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page