quick-release fasteners for pillion seat? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BadJuju

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

quick-release fasteners for pillion seat?

Have you used quick-release fasteners for the pillion seat? What hardware did you use?

Quick/easy access would give it a lot more utility as a storage area, especially for tools, and similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 05:33 AM

Dzus 1/4 turn fasteners

superfunkomatic likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 11:17 AM

I'm using wing screws - could be tightened by hand:

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11115386

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 04:05 PM

Hi Aeromanas,

Wing screws sound a good idea what size did you get?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:40 PM

Hi Davey,

Size is M6 x 20. Should be like these:

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11115442
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Wing screws seems like a good idea. I went with screws with a 5mm socket head so I could use the tool fastened to the bottom of the seat intended for tool box access.

I was disappointed by how little fits under the pillion seat. What have you managed to store there?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidji View Post
Wing screws seems like a good idea. I went with screws with a 5mm socket head so I could use the tool fastened to the bottom of the seat intended for tool box access.

I was disappointed by how little fits under the pillion seat. What have you managed to store there?
I have just ordered some wing nuts, but also would like to know what you can fit under the pillion seat! There's hardly any room some pics of what people store in there would be good

Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibbs View Post
I have just ordered some wing nuts, but also would like to know what you can fit under the pillion seat! There's hardly any room some pics of what people store in there would be good
I've seen a pic from member Moto Pumps of a packed Motopumps Airshot compressor stored there. FWIW I really like that compressor. A bicycle pump is just as good. Until you actually have to use it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidji View Post
I've seen a pic from member Moto Pumps of a packed Motopumps Airshot compressor stored there. FWIW I really like that compressor. A bicycle pump is just as good. Until you actually have to use it.
If you can get one of those in there, then it's big enough for me. I have overtrousers that pack really small but also quite a few things like this - completely waterproof and tough and compress down to about the size of a matchbox. If I can get some small rokstraps in there too it makes it possible to carry just about anything you decide to buy while you are out on the bike.
Also - presumably the standard Honda U-lock fits there but probably not much else?
Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page