Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Barkbusters Storm

11K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Jimrides 
#1 ·
Installed new Storm handguards, went for 20 mile ride today. Seemed like much less wind noise with the new handguards. Anyone else experience something similar?
Thanks!

#3 ·
Hi
I installed barkbusters when i bought the bike last April for 2 reasons.
1. they are a lot stronger than the Honda ones. as my bike was a demonstrator the honda one s were broken after the bike slipped off its side stand.
2 For wind protection as you mentioned.
The Barkbusters have performed well. Had an off 3 weeks ago and didn't break any levers or mirrors . In fact the bike came off better than I did. Dislocated and Broke my ankle in 3 places and no riding for 3 months. Bugger !!. The bike lost a bit of plastic fairing around the tank. Certainly notice the good wind protection.

#9 ·
Hi. Not the best picture!
I have had silly left a right off's since the picture. The Barkbusters and Rocfox bar did their job perfectly.

Attachments

Reactions: GJohnson
#11 ·
Traded bar end weight for Kaoko throtle lock

Actually, I bought and installed the throttle lock first. When I got the Bark Buster Storm handguards I noticed two things. First, if I wanted to keep the throttle lock, I would need to loose the bar end weight and second, I also needed to have a fitting machined. This is the fitting that screws inside the bar on the throttle (right) side. The one that comes with the kit is too short if you are using the throttle lock.

Charlie

#13 ·
QUOTE=DLG;138594]JohnG, what sort of bags do you have on the upper bars? :)[/QUOTE]

Hi DLG.

They are made for the Rockfox, made by Flying Brick. The bags are not on their site yet, but if you contact them they will sort you out. http://flyingbrick.co.za/contacts/

They certainly do the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.