Crash Bars - Anyone got any (not Honda ones) - Page 39 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 167Likes

post #381 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 04:56 AM

Outback Motortek crash bars and DCT guard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image2.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	12553   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image3.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	12561   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image1.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	451.5 KB
ID:	12569  
Honda-50 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 02:23 PM

Ower all this pages ... hm ... I only know that for April Marocco trip I should order something to protect my bike. Now I am in thinking regarding SWM or OTBACK. Engine guards and skide plate too
post #383 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 05:48 PM

Just had an off. Foolishly thought I have been riding so long without an off that I thought I was bullet proof. A case of not if , but when. Lost it in the loose gravel on a bend while trying to avoid a washout. Dont remember much about crash but ended up about 2m in front of the bike. Must have highsided it broke my left ankle. Dont know if the bike came down on top and I escaped under neath it as it slide or I flew and landed on my leg. Anyway luckily had cell phone coverage and got help. Had a trip to Dunedin Hospital in the helicopter and my ankle was operated on 2 days later. 3 bones broken and I am on crutches for 3 months. Bike lost a bit of cosmetic stuff like fairings but BarkBusters saved all the levers and mirrors. My son rode it home. Would crash bars have saved my ankle if the bike came down on top of me?

post #384 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Rod View Post
Just had an off. Foolishly thought I have been riding so long without an off that I thought I was bullet proof. A case of not if , but when. Lost it in the loose gravel on a bend while trying to avoid a washout. Dont remember much about crash but ended up about 2m in front of the bike. Must have highsided it broke my left ankle. Dont know if the bike came down on top and I escaped under neath it as it slide or I flew and landed on my leg. Anyway luckily had cell phone coverage and got help. Had a trip to Dunedin Hospital in the helicopter and my ankle was operated on 2 days later. 3 bones broken and I am on crutches for 3 months. Bike lost a bit of cosmetic stuff like fairings but BarkBusters saved all the levers and mirrors. My son rode it home. Would crash bars have saved my ankle if the bike came down on top of me?
They would certainly help your bike as for your ankle probably not so much,sorry to hear you got injured that sucks,I broke my ankle playing hockey last winter so I know that injury is no joke,I hope you have a quick recovery
post #385 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 05:37 AM

Garage
Just installed SW Motech bash plate. Installation was easy and took only about 30 mins. And yes, it fits with the Honda OEM center stand. With SW Motech bash plate the oil change is possible without removing the bash plate (openigs for oil plugs) but changing oil filter the bash plate need to be removed.

For crash bars I chose Outback Motortek, that weight about 2 kg less than SW Motech. Good weight - protection -ratio. Not installed yet. Will instal the McCruise first. Even if the fairings should be possible to remove without uninstalling the OM crash bars.
post #386 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:49 PM

Garage
Mek...thats the set up i am looking for....any chance of some picks please?

Adrian

Adrian
post #387 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimat View Post
These look like they protect the bike well.
How much?
Pricewise the Rumbux were very reasonable, but getting them sent out here to Oz ended up pretty much doubling the price thanks to the various freight fees and customs clearance charges involved. On balance the price probably worked out about the same as if I'd purchased a set of H & B or Touratech (plus bash plate) locally. For anyone living in South Africa it would be a no-brainer though because they are well made, do the job, and come with a bash plate standard.
post #388 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 06:06 PM

Today I was looking arroun and ordered SW Motech bash plate, centre stand, cras bar and Kobra hand guards. The offer was impossible to refuse.

Did I do something wrong?

Now what is missing only the bike ... nothing important ...

Tricolor HRC 2017 , HD Street Bob, HD Low Rider ... Marocco trips each year ...

Last edited by Roman Sem 2; 12-19-2016 at 06:09 PM.
post #389 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filtercottage View Post
Mek...thats the set up i am looking for....any chance of some picks please?

Adrian
First I have to disassemble the bike for installing the McCruise. Hopefully get that done during Christmas holidays. Will post the pictures then.
post #390 of 439 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 04:55 AM

does insurance policy come down with bars?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page