Windscreen removing - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Windscreen removing

Just i little warning if you decide to take your windscreen of the bike to give it a good wash ( impossible from the inside when mounted on the bike ) , the bottom two nuts are mounted in soft rubbery discs type of things , be carefull not to push on them when installing the screws back as they can fall inside the fairings very easy ( especially if you do it in the dark -dont ask ) and it is a propper pain in the ahole to take the plastics apart to find the nuts .
Dibbs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Frosty View Post
Just i little warning if you decide to take your windscreen of the bike to give it a good wash ( impossible from the inside when mounted on the bike ) , the bottom two nuts are mounted in soft rubbery discs type of things , be carefull not to push on them when installing the screws back as they can fall inside the fairings very easy ( especially if you do it in the dark -dont ask ) and it is a propper pain in the ahole to take the plastics apart to find the nuts .
This looks like a very important thing to note!
Im sensing the frustration lol
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 02:28 AM

Garage
Same experience. Frustrating.

Bonne route

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 03:03 PM

Guys,

I've got a tall screen and yes the residual water can be a pain so just blow dry the screen (cheap 2 stroke leaf blower). I can perhaps see problems when the screen screws are over torqued !

Mike
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
They look like those things that are used in caravans a lot, I think the van people call them Top Hats. Rugged Roads sell spares.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 03:37 PM

Why not use a super-thin microfiber duster?

Example:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
superfunkomatic likes this.

Red DCT (Shipping 05/29). Previous: 30 bikes (Diavel, SRR, GS, eXplorer, MTS, Tiger, yadda). In charge of general insecurity.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
Why not use a super-thin microfiber duster?
....or call your neighbor to do the job for you ?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resigned from purchase in 2016.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 04:46 PM

I'm off to Poland - my neighbour isn't at all like that! Well, not when I see her...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Yep, same thing happened to me!! I haven't ventured into the front assembly to try and get them out yet, any tips on where to start?!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

The video that was posted that shows how to take the front fairing of can be helpfull , also important -
DON't overtighten the screws that are holding the screen , they are meant to be done gently !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page