Potentially (probably) daft question regarding lower seat position - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 6Likes

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yromulus View Post
I can't say I disagree. But if I like it in that position I'll see what the low seat option from Honda is like because that'll look "normal"! Bl**dy OCD...
yea, if the low seat looks like it fits proper then I will get one, but no way can I stand it looking like its got the wrong seat fitted! even TW thinks it wrong
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
even TW thinks it wrong
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Oh dear! Damning comment. Still, I'd rather not drop it if I can help it.

I just wish I had longer legs - or more experience with taller bikes... But such is life!
Drago likes this.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:22 AM

is it just me or is the vid now private or missing?

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
Its missing now. This seat thing is really simple, as others state, get the back end in first. The tab sticking out of the back of the seat sits above or below plastic block under the pillion depending on which seat height you want, high or low. You can easily see the two places this tab will go. The front of the seat then sits on the corresponding hook to the tank.

The lower seat height does require a little bowing of the seat upwards to get the front on after securing the back. With one hand resting on the top of the seat in the middle and the other pulling the front of the seat up and back you can see the two hooks, that will then visually guide you to clip the top hook to the tank latch and the press down until you hear the lock latch. There is a little knack to it but easy once you have it. I think most peoples mistake is clipping the rear end in the top position and then trying to get the front end on in the lower position, making it seem difficult.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
Not sure what happened but video is public again.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTwin View Post
Not sure what happened but video is public again.

thanks.. you make it look easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page