Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

rear lighting connector - break light CRF 1000

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  pjm 
#1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know where the rear light (break light) wire harness is located, and how can I get to it? Thanks

#2 ·
Hello!

As far as I could see in the shop manual the connector is located directly on the rear (inner) side of the light unit itself.

I would recommend to remove driver and passenger seat and look how to come to the rear side of the light unit.

Cheers, gerhard

#4 · (Edited)
CRF1000L Tail - Brake Light access instructions

Hello acohen222,

I installed the Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuze Pannel with Relay Kit for CRF1000L, and the CRF1000L Brake/Tail Adapter from Eastern Beaver. These adapters allow you to install aux brakelights, and aux tail lights without splicing into or changing the stock wiring and connectors. Version 1 - all wires are take-offs from stock wires. Red wire is brake, blue wire is tail, and black is ground. That I used to connect a Skene Design P3 Brake / Tail LED Assembly to my Africa Twin.

This is information from the Honda Shop Manual and are the instructions I followed to install the Skene Design P3 Light Kit on my Africa Twin.

SIDE COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION Remove the rider and pillion seat (page 2-11). Remove the flange bolt [1] and collar [2]. Release the tabs [3] of side cover [4] from the rear carrier. Remove the side cover by releasing the snap fit clip [5] and tabs [6]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY Remove the side cover (page 2-11). Remove the screws [1]. Remove the side inner cover [2] by releasing the tabs [3]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

REAR CARRIER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION Remove the side covers (page 2-11). Remove the socket bolts [1]. Remove the flange bolts A [2]. Remove the flange bolts B [3] and collars [4]. Remove the flange bolts C [5] and washers [6]. Remove the rear carrier [7]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

BRAKE/TAILLIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION Remove the rear fender A (page 2-12). Disconnect the brake/taillight 3P (Black) connector [1]. Remove the nuts [2], collars [3] and rear brake/taillight unit [4]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal

I trust the information will answer your question and assist you understanding your Africa Twin.

Attachments

#7 ·
It's under the pillion seat. Right against the back. You'll see a cluster of wires that contain brakes, signals and running lights - no need to take of the rear section or remove the tail light assembly.

#9 ·
Well bit the bullet and did it. It was not that difficult but the Givi plate and spacers were a bit of a pain, but they were putting them on in the first place. The Eastern Beaver connector worked a treat and easily fed back under the passenger seat for connecting up to my additional led running lights and brake lights on my box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.