OEM Fog Light Switch in USA? - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 11:15 PM

Garage
The switch I have is not illuminated.

Honda probably make two switches one illuminated and one not since the Africa Twin has the dash symbol it gets the non illuminated switch and a different model without the dash symbol gets the illuminated switch. Finding the part numbers for the individual pieces in the accessory kits is almost impossible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 11:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Can Ride View Post
OU812,

Do you know the part numbers of the required harness connection? Also, is the taillight harness required? If so, do you know the part number? Also, which spare connectors did you use?

I can help you build or fix any Honda engine, as I was a dealer for almost a quarter of a century before I retired. However, I know my achilles' heel is electronics. So, please help if you can...

Like you, I will be installing the Givi lights from my previous bike.
Electrical contractor by day so this stuff is easy especially getting the correct connectors for plug and play wiring. Take your time routing the wiring behind the fairing as there is not a lot of room there but everything does fit if you hold your tongue just right.

I can't post links yet google Eastern Beaver and find the link to the CRF1000 specific parts he makes.

I bought the following from Easter Beaver:
- CRF1000-FPS Front power Splitter Accessory Kit, same as Honda 08U74MJPG50 just cheaper.
- CRF1000-FPS-Kit, this is the matching male connector with pins to make your own wiring harness.
- DL1000A/CFR1000-AT-BT-V2, this is the tail light adaptor that I used to install a Back Off brake light modulator without hacking the factory harness.

I bought the oem fog light switch 08V04MJPG50 from Rugged Roads and an oem power socket from EBay.

If you want I can try and scratch up a diagram showing how everything is connected.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Garage
Ou812,

The scratch update diagram showing how everything is connected would be heaven sent for me. I also got my OEM power socket from ebay.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 02:45 AM

Garage
cables, connectors, wiring diagrams, videos exist already over many different posts on this forum for what you are looking for. Use the search bar in the forum to find your areas of interest. Check out 12v power socket retrofit posts. Note, my diagram shows arrow going in to high beam tell, this should be coming out, some don't have that high beam tell cable.

Last edited by eltel62; 12-16-2016 at 02:51 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 08:35 PM

Garage
Ou812,

Have you ever got a chance to do a scratch update diagram, I sure could use it!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 02:03 PM

Garage
Let me know if you need help deciphering my chicken scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HP0014.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	12633  
superfunkomatic and TMac99 like this.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:27 AM

Nice one pal for the diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page