LED Signal Lights - Page 4 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:41 PM

I was going to put led lights on my other bike because it has a weak charging system but I realized that I was just spinning my tire. If it's not originally wired for them, you will need to get a power distribution module. The resistors that the cheap LED blinkers come with are just that - resistors- which kick back power to the signal clicker thingy to make them blink at the proper rate. They get really hot and thusly use the same amount of power. IMO they will put a larger strain on the charging system. ( can't back that up though.)

Check this out... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...harness-module
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edintheclouds View Post
I was going to put led lights on my other bike because it has a weak charging system but I realized that I was just spinning my tire. If it's not originally wired for them, you will need to get a power distribution module. The resistors that the cheap LED blinkers come with are just that - resistors- which kick back power to the signal clicker thingy to make them blink at the proper rate. They get really hot and thusly use the same amount of power. IMO they will put a larger strain on the charging system. ( can't back that up though.)

Check this out... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...harness-module
The power distribution module is just a secondary fuse box. It doesn't play any role in the operation of turn signals (LED or otherwise).

However, if you're interested in distribution modules Eastern Beaver makes a nice one for less money. But that's a topic for a different thread
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM

I had some success this weekend. I finally fixed the hyperflash by installing a 9.8 and 21.5 ohm resistor in series on both sides. Previously I had tried a single 9.8 (too low) a single 21.5 (STILL too low) and two 21.5s in series (probably too high... really erratic behavior).

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...gnal-resistors

Signals were the R&G Aeros. I'll get some pics of the install as soon as the proper blanking panels arrive.
JasonWD likes this.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holoKitten View Post
I had some success this weekend. I finally fixed the hyperflash by installing a 9.8 and 21.5 ohm resistor in series on both sides. Previously I had tried a single 9.8 (too low) a single 21.5 (STILL too low) and two 21.5s in series (probably too high... really erratic behavior).

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...gnal-resistors

Signals were the R&G Aeros. I'll get some pics of the install as soon as the proper blanking panels arrive.
Hi, just wondering how the LED turn signals are working with the series 9.8 and 21.5 resisters. Just wondering, did you put one set of series resistors on each side or do you have to install two resistors at each corner? In other words, 4 total resistors or 8? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I assume a total of 4 resistors but double checking.

Don't threaten me with a good time!
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:16 PM

Would anyone that replaced their OEM turn signals happen to still have them laying around? I just busted my front right turn signal and apparently they're not in stock anywhere in the United States.

I'd be happy to buy them off you!
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurico View Post
I put led blinkers from yamaha Easy installation. The only difference is that now are always off, nothing to worry me a lot.
Could you find where you bought it ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page