HAPPY-TRAIL.com - like a duck on a CRF-AT Junebug - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JustPlainBill0

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

HAPPY-TRAIL.com - like a duck on a CRF-AT Junebug

I got a head's up email from Happy-Trail today regarding them shipping a jacket I ordered. Because the company is one of the better regarded manufacturers/retailers of aluminum panniers, racks, top boxes and other farkels (are you listening TommyBWell?) for adventure bikes, I asked whether they planned any products for the Africa Twin. My contact responded (within the hour) that they are working with one of their customers from the NW (NorthWest?) who will order one locally and let Happy-Trail use it to develop products. Pretty encouraging news for those prospective AT buyers serious about their off-road fun. Probably even better news for poseurs going for "the look".

In any case, they are located in Boise Idaho - try www.Happy-Trail.com to see their products.
Nessuno likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:16 PM

Cheers Bill! Have you used any of their other products before?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessuno View Post
Cheers Bill! Have you used any of their other products before?
No I haven't. But over the last 20 years I have flirted with dual sporting (KLR650, DRZ450E street legal and a VStrom 1000) and looked into suitable gear manufacturers. Happy-Trail was always among the favorite companies with advrider inmates, so I'm confident they will do a good job for the CRF-AT. Plus they always get an A+ for great customer service - and that's something I have personal experience with and can attest to.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 03:49 PM

The HT Tetons for the DL650 are pretty solid, but I'm not overly impressed with the mounting hardware (racks are solid though) and the opening in the lid is too small. It's bit challenging to get anything bulky in(i.e. tent, sleeping bag). Not impossible, but I've used better. You have to loosen the mounting hardware from the inside to remove the luggage and they drill through the luggage for the mounts.

Overall, definitely good to hear they are already looking into supplying parts.

I'd rather be riding.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:34 AM

HT Products

If HT is making a prototype mount for the new AT it will surely be a quality product. I've used their mounts on multiple adventure bikes and have not found anything to complain about. Solid construction and extremely durable in harsh conditions both on and off road. I prefer using the cheaper Tusk Adventure panniers with the HT mounts only because they are significantly cheaper and offer a larger 9" opening with a slimmer overall profile. But the news of HT being proactive on products for the new AT is really good news!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Dex

So do we have any word on when exactly we will see these products that are in development? Do they even have the bike yet?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 10:58 AM

Highly doubt they have the bike yet because it's not yet been released for sale.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 02:32 PM

All we'll be able to see from them are teasers of what we'll be getting, keeping track of their social media pages might help to reveal that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page