satnav mount - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 6Likes

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 06:07 PM

I bought sw-motech quick-lock crossbar mount for zumo350. The only thing i would like to now is witch connectors they use to connect accessory. I now their is a connector in the fairing to connect the 12V accesory socket in the fairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:48 PM

Picked up my new AT at the dealer this morning and made a 1st ride. BikePenR GPS mount was installed on the frame of the wind screen. Hooked in my Zumo390 and made adjustements for the best postion of the Zumo. GPS mount almost vertical and the Zumo close behind the screen at the same angle as the dash. Rock solid, no vibration of the Zumo, The Zumo blocks partly the view through the screen, but I am 1.90 m and look well above the screen. A happy man.

rgds, Fred
(CRF1000LAD, CRF Rally Red, Zumo390)
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 02:00 AM

That BikePenR GPS mount looks good, but it sits the GPS very high. Anyone know of one that's about half the length? I want the GPS to be tucked in close to the bar, and if that means I have to take the screen off while I get in behind it to fit the mount, then I'm happy with that. Convenience to mount it happens once. Convenience to use it happens every time I ride it.

Tricolour ABS

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2rider View Post
That BikePenR GPS mount looks good, but it sits the GPS very high. Anyone know of one that's about half the length? I want the GPS to be tucked in close to the bar, and if that means I have to take the screen off while I get in behind it to fit the mount, then I'm happy with that. Convenience to mount it happens once. Convenience to use it happens every time I ride it.
I have fitted a BMW GPS Mounting BMW R1100, 1150GS & Adv. This unit fits the new Africa Twin brilliantly and is much more secure than the RAM mounts. I found that the RAM mount suffered from too much vibration when off the main roads.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 07:38 AM

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:51 AM

SW Motech q/d holder for me. Right height above the clocks without obscuring anything, nice reach, a bit of vibration at times but otherwise, perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	468
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	4786  
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:52 AM

Forgive my hand, hadn't tightened it in at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	4794  
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:23 PM

BanB, that's real neat, just what I'm after.
Is it home crafted or can I buy it somewhere???
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 05:32 AM

Thumbs up My own 3D printed zumo adapter

I too was looking for a simple adapter to mount my Zumo on the AT screen bar.
Didn't find anything to my taste, so I designed one for myself and let it be 3D print by an online 3D printing service ("i.materialise.com")
It works perfectly and my gps is now where it should be: just above the panel, on the 13 mm screen bar, without all the complex components from Ram or Touratech.

I made my design available for 3D printing, so anyone who's interested can let it print for himself.
Just look at
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 09:59 AM

AfricaTwin is my 5th bike and with all my bikes i have mounted my Zumo with ram mounts (which came in the box) - now i have bought a new tomtomrider410 and decided to mount it to bar on windscreen, but not satisfied because of so much vibration when offroad riding and so much wind noise with higher speeds...

so i am looking for a better place to mount or a good adapter (like as touratech)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page