satnav mount - Page 5 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 11Likes

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codmaster View Post
Hi Bikers ,

is there a satnav mount on the market to install my tomtom rider on
the top litlle bar behind the screen of the AT ?
Does anyone know if the TALL windshield from Honda has that cross bar? I have tried to google for pictures of it but can only seem to find pictures of the standard windshield.

That crossbar would seem the prefect place to mount a TOMTOM 400. I already am planning to put a GoPro Hero 3 in the center of the handlebars for motovlogging. And to put a snap in mount for my Samsung S7 on the left side of the bars. Those to along with the Sena Handlebar remote of the left grip seems a bit too many thing on the handlebars. So I would like to mount the GPS above the display.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:23 PM

The bar is part of the frame that holds the instrument cluster and screen.
So no mater what screen you have, the bar is still there.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimat View Post
im looking to mount the BMW Nav V in the Garmin motorcycle mount, i tryed different positions with the Ram mounts tonight, none of them seem to get the GPS in that nice position above and over the dash, this looks like the go!! nice work.
I have a mate with CNC cutting and all the gear, will have to pay him a visit, unless a come across a fancy pipe bracket that already suits.

Cheers
Kiwimat
I think the BMW nav comes of towards you? Not like the tomtom rider that had to slide upwards off the holder.
So you're probably able to mount it even closer to the screen, which will look very slick.

If you're mate is a bit reasonable he might be able to turn a mount out of some scrap material for less than the price of some off-the-shelve universal product .

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter V. View Post
I think the BMW nav comes of towards you? Not like the tomtom rider that had to slide upwards off the holder.
So you're probably able to mount it even closer to the screen, which will look very slick.

If you're mate is a bit reasonable he might be able to turn a mount out of some scrap material for less than the price of some off-the-shelve universal product .
Yeah the Nav comes off towards you, so i should be able to get it right above the dash and almost flush.
Small block of Aluminum or nice solid plastic drilled and shaped properly might be the go.

Cheers
Kiwimat

---------------------------

Honda Africa Twin 2016 (Martins bike)
BMW K1300R 2013
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:35 PM

I've got a Garmin 660 mounted in a TouraTech Enduro holder attached to the windscreen bar, had no issues so far, not been off road with it though, maybe a bit of bouncing will show up a deficiency ?

M
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 08:25 AM

Hey guys, i managed to get my BMW Nav V mounted on the Honda Africa.
Initially i did make up a mount, then while getting some fairing screws from BMW, i asked out of curiosity how much the small black square plastic mount is, as a kit with the crossbar its expensive, but they actually do sell it on its own, and it was.... wait for it.....$5.35.
I used all nylon nuts on this, took the screen off to make it easy to mount, i put i small adhesive piece of door seal felt under the nav mount to stop it marking the top of the dash, to soak up some vibes and protect the dash.

Juha, eltel62, Mcridr and 1 others like this.

Cheers
Kiwimat

---------------------------

Honda Africa Twin 2016 (Martins bike)
BMW K1300R 2013
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:20 AM

I did a search for mounting GPS on africa twin and after seeing and reading about a lot of broken windscreen welds I have decided to move mine to the handle bars somewhere. Bummer because I really liked the look of being on the cross bar.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:46 AM

Garage
Has anyone tried to flip the lower handlebar holders so, that the handlebar moves about 1" front?

I'm 6'2" with very long arms. It quess flipping the c÷amps would improve standing position, about sitting I'm not sure.

On OEM position the Rugged roads GPS holdet hits my SW Motech Yukon 90 tankbag when handlebar is turned tight.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:08 AM

That's your tankbags fault, not the RR GPS holder.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimat View Post
Hey guys, i managed to get my BMW Nav V mounted on the Honda Africa.
Initially i did make up a mount, then while getting some fairing screws from BMW, i asked out of curiosity how much the small black square plastic mount is, as a kit with the crossbar its expensive, but they actually do sell it on its own, and it was.... wait for it.....$5.35.
I used all nylon nuts on this, took the screen off to make it easy to mount, i put i small adhesive piece of door seal felt under the nav mount to stop it marking the top of the dash, to soak up some vibes and protect the dash.
very interested in this. What do you actually ask the parts man for. Is it a Nav V mount for the GSA crossbar?

Tri colour Africa Twin / BMW 1050 Siebenrock GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page