New Arrow Exhaust - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 23Likes

post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Hi, has anybody stripped all the plastic and steel coverings on the stock exhaust by any chance and got a photo in that state? Wondering if it might not look better. I've removed the rear foot pegs so protection from heat is not an issue.
Regards Landy
I would also like to see that. All that plastic looks so bulky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 05:22 AM

I can't find the picture I saw of what's behind the plastic cover, but it ain't pretty....
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yromulus View Post
I've never gone down this route before but if it were can only I would go Akra and if it were Full Monty I would go Termi. So much the same as you (until I see an Akra full system that is).

So let us know how you get on! But, in a corollary to your position, I'm getting the tubeless wheels first! Before I add sound and power I want less violent deflation and easier fixing whilst on tour!
Which tubeless wheels are you looking at?

post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 03:40 AM

Well, the decision is made, deal done and money exchanged.....the full Arrow (homologated version) system has been ordered. Glad to see Arrow have revised their power/torque gains up a tad, but that's just a happy extra. It's all about how feking sexy it looks to me....

Thanks to Jonathan at Rugged Roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	353
Size:	949.6 KB
ID:	4658  
Mad Frosty, SKY and Boro like this.
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBD914 View Post
Which tubeless wheels are you looking at?
Sorry - I missed this question!

I'm looking at the Alpina wheels. They are pricey but you can spec them to look pretty nice (or pretty horrible!) depending on your tastes. That have a pretty responsive dealer in the UK who has answered all my questions so far.

I tried to post some details a couple of times but for some reason admin withheld my posts and, as usual, they don't reply to questions from their ivory tower!
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
Well, the decision is made, deal done and money exchanged.....the full Arrow (homologated version) system has been ordered. Glad to see Arrow have revised their power/torque gains up a tad, but that's just a happy extra. It's all about how feking sexy it looks to me....

Looks good - I'd be grateful for an installed pic!
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 04:20 AM
SKY

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post

I'm going to buy this too, there is maybe a discount for AT forum members?

"Life is short and the world is wide"

post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 06:09 AM

I looked at the arrow system in the flesh and in the end went for the full Termi set up. It sounds lovely, like the standard but a bit louder but with a real rasp at the top end, it also pops and crackles a little bit, which is nice. However the main reason was the standard and fit which is fantastic, it literally took 20 minutes to fit with everything lining up perfectly and it just suits the bike better in my opinion. Another factor to consider is that titanium and off road bikes don't usually mix well, if you are just going to pose about fine but there is a reason all the Honda works dakar bikes went back to steel, all the titanium pipes cracked. Don't get me wrong titanium looks lovely but it's a swine to repair and isn't that much lighter in the grand scheme of things.
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:23 AM
SKY

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadoganpier View Post
I looked at the arrow system in the flesh and in the end went for the full Termi set up. It sounds lovely, like the standard but a bit louder but with a real rasp at the top end, it also pops and crackles a little bit, which is nice. However the main reason was the standard and fit which is fantastic, it literally took 20 minutes to fit with everything lining up perfectly and it just suits the bike better in my opinion. Another factor to consider is that titanium and off road bikes don't usually mix well, if you are just going to pose about fine but there is a reason all the Honda works dakar bikes went back to steel, all the titanium pipes cracked. Don't get me wrong titanium looks lovely but it's a swine to repair and isn't that much lighter in the grand scheme of things.
have u got any photos?

"Life is short and the world is wide"

post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:06 PM

I just ordered the arrow stainless steel headers. Will have them fitted with the standard silencer for now and will probably change the silencer at a later date. I want to take it step by step.
abj and Mad Frosty like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page