Holan crash bar - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 18Likes

post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Holan crash bar

Hi.

1st off, Honda need to drop the drop the price of accesories, total rip-off.

So I ordered some crashbars from Holan.

http://holan.pl/gb/africa-twin-crf10...l#.VrTy8j-WZz0

146:00 including delivery..obviously cant coment on the quality yet. and my Bike wont be here till April.
alba, fabriktr, 2Sun and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 07:24 PM

I like that they have mounting points for auxiliary lights pre-drilled by the looks of things...
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 05:34 AM

I totally agree, I get mine 1st week of March fingers crossed and saw the price of the fog lights and crash bars.......795.00 !!!!!!
Any idea how much the lower bars are ????
Cheers

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 02:40 PM

Like the looks of that set up. And going back to the other offerings for the AT on their website, the lower protection bar is great... it actually protects the center of the engine on both sides. The other brands have an upper and lower engine protection bar, which looks nice enough, but that actually leaves the center of the motor on both sides more exposed. I like the Holan design better. It's simpler, cheaper (only 65 euros, not the 100+ of the Hepco-Beckers), and maybe even more effective for what it's really supposed to be doing there.

Things will always turn out good in the end. If things are not good, then it is not yet the end.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 02:46 PM

Wow. I just double-checked the price for the HP bars. I didn't remember that right at all. The Hepco-Becker lowers are a whopping 198.50 euros... yowsa. Yeah, those Holans are looking VERY nice now.

Kudos to you, tjjj, for coming up with that info!
tjjj2006 likes this.

Things will always turn out good in the end. If things are not good, then it is not yet the end.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 04:35 AM

The reason the Honda bars are so much more expensive is because they are made of an aluminium alloy, light and strong. All the after-market crash bars I've seen are steel, strong but heavy.

People keep saying that the motorcycle already weights 220+kg so what's a few more kg's. If you say that with every after-market accessory then everything adds up eventually and you will effect the handling. Personally I will try to keep the bike as light as possible and with manual I've got a 10kg head start already ;-)
Rory likes this.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbeetle View Post
The reason the Honda bars are so much more expensive is because they are made of an aluminium alloy, light and strong. All the after-market crash bars I've seen are steel, strong but heavy.

People keep saying that the motorcycle already weights 220+kg so what's a few more kg's. If you say that with every after-market accessory then everything adds up eventually and you will effect the handling. Personally I will try to keep the bike as light as possible and with manual I've got a 10kg head start already ;-)

Well I know one thing that will be lighter if you buy O.E. parts, your wallet, I will put up with the extra Kgs.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 03:24 PM

Yeah, and the other "flip side" of that argument is the fact that old fashioned steel is tough and pretty easy to repair and/or touch-up w/paint after it actually gets some use. Aluminum, not so much. So yes, the aluminum alloy is lighter, but more expensive and harder to fix if you actually go down.

I think it may depend on how much off-road riding you actually do, and if you are putting yourself in situations where you might dump it more often.

That said, marsbeetle, you point is very well taken. If you aren't careful, it is pretty easy to turn a bike into any overladen pig if you just keep throwing gear on without considering the total extra weight of all those farkles.
tjjj2006 likes this.

post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 11:16 AM

I think the crash bars is one area where the weight can take a hit. The Holan set seems to cover everything important, especially the engine.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 06:12 PM

Aluminum is indeed harder to work with, so much that whole processes have to be changed just to accommodate for the complexities, at least on the passenger vehicle end of production it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page