Batzen screen adjuster and GPS mount - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by African Twin Mofo View Post
My first post......and it's for this great idea! Fantastic! I sent you an email. Eagerly awaiting your product. 👌🏽😎👍🏽

Many thanks
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
African Twin Mofo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Looks like a great idea and fit for those of us who want wind protection when touring but having the windscreen out of the way at lower speeds.
When I get my bike and test the wind protection I'll let you know - looks like a great way to combine windscreen and GPS.

__
2008 Honda Varadero, 1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." – Robert Louis Stevenson
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 11:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batzen View Post
Hi all,

I ride a Triumph Explorer, as many riders have problems with wind noise and buffeting on their bike, about 3 years ago I created a toolless screen adjuster for this bike which worked great and a part like this was not availalbe on the market. Lot of Explorer riders worldwide know the part as "Batzen screen adjuster" and even my Nickname is well known.
If you want to have a look and for reputation, hereīs a link to my parts at international Explorer forum:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sold more than 1000 of my parts till now, because the part works great and offer best service. Itīs a commercial side job, donīt live by developing, producing and selling my parts - always create parts for my current own bike and the bikes of my friends, furthermore only parts wich are not available otherwise on the market. .....ok, my wife always says Iīm little bit bike-mad

Why now here? Friend of mine got the new AT and was not pleased with wind protection, so he asked me if it would be possible for me to create a screen adjuster for the AT as I have done for the Explorer. After some storm in my head
several prototypes and testing, the part is ready now and I startet a first 50s batch witch will be available soon. My height is 1,78m, with the standard screen of the AT I could ride up to 100km/h with visor open, helmet is X-lite 441 Enduro and war glasses. Not bad, but could be improved we thought, best without a "monster screen" .
Hereīs the result of the AT adjuster, parts are made of steel, laser cutted and will be powder coated with an additional special undercoat which is 6000h salt resistend, best powder coating quality available.
Caused by construction top of screen in lowest position is about 2.5cm higher and there is an adjust range of 7cm, total of 9.5cm possible additional height. Several after market screens can be even mounted on the adjuster.

There will be 2 versions available, No. 1 only for height adjustment and No. 2 with a integrated GPS mount above the speedo, as you can see on the pics.
Would be nice to get some feedback, what you think about the part

How easy and fast can be adjusted in height:

It is a very good idea is it possible to get smaller thumb screws on the front of the screen ?
Does it mean that you can not use the stock Honda GPS mounting bar it is hard to see how that works !!!

I like it very much.

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfunkomatic View Post
Looks like a great idea and fit for those of us who want wind protection when touring but having the windscreen out of the way at lower speeds.
When I get my bike and test the wind protection I'll let you know - looks like a great way to combine windscreen and GPS.
^^ What he said.

"Not all who wander are lost." -- J.R.R. Tolkein
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 02:05 AM

Garage
great. I send an email yesterday. My only point now is the compatibility with the Tripmaster.

Bonne route

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batzen View Post
Think at your height you would need an additional higher touring screen on the adjuster, thatīs my experience about the part on the Explorer, had a lot of customers with height from 1,90m - 2,06m
Don`t need it too high, just to make sure I`m not speeding too much...

Allroadtoad

2016 CRF1000 Africa Twin-DCT
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
It is a very good idea is it possible to get smaller thumb screws on the front of the screen ?
Does it mean that you can not use the stock Honda GPS mounting bar it is hard to see how that works !!!

I like it very much.

flat ones are hard to grap with gloves and not so easy to tie them well by hand. For me first is function and second is design of the parts, design is worth nothing if it doesnīt work in practice
. Best is a combination of both.
Furthermore this one are very sturdy and made only good experience at the Explorer screen adjuster. Till now not one of about 4000 of these knobs been broken for replacement, so I trust that quality and use them onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erey View Post
great. I send an email yesterday. My only point now is the compatibility with the Tripmaster.
With the screen adjuster without GPS mount there is no restriction using the AT GPS bar/tube above the speedo and the Tripmaster.
If itīs possible to mount the combined adjuster/GPS part and the Tripmaster, I As itīs only the first 50s batch in production now, would be also no problem changing the position of the GPS mount a little bit higher if there would be a collission with the Tripmaster. Furthermore it would be possible to mount some spacers beteen the hinge of the GPS mount and the screen adjuster, this way it would come littel bit higher and so enough space for the Tripmaster below.
Iīll find out next days. As the AT which I had for developing the part didnīt have the Tripmaster mounted, and didnīt know about this part, I couldnīt check this out. Iīll keep informed about.
Think nearly every AT after the launch with the free Tripmaster gift will be ordered without this part and only GPS will be in use.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 03:18 AM

Any update of how things are progressing batzen
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Hi, I'm going to order the Touratech locking Sat Nav mount and the over instruments bar will this work with your adjustable screen......
Thanks.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Hi, back again with some news.

meanwhile we tested also with the OEM touring screen, works fine

....and more importand, parts are up for sale on Saturday 14th
I Keep everybody on my pre-order list informed with all details.

Best regards from Bavaria,
Wolfgang
Diamondgeezer, Steve and Wildcat92 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page