Batzen screen adjuster and GPS mount - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM

nice adjuster ,i have send you a e mail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 05:16 AM

Hi

This is my first post on this site.
I have only had my bike for a couple of months, and I'm very happy with it.
The CRF1000l is my first Adventure bike. Before I have owned plastic rockets and old 80' bikes.

I came over the screen adjuster a couple of weeks after i got my bike, and ordered it before it was in production.

I got mine, and installed it last week. (Think i got from the first batch)
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Went for a test ride this weekend, and i'm very satisfied.
My bike had the "Adventure-kit" with the larger windscreen. The bracket have only 4 mounting points (The larger screen have 6) so I had to go back to the original windscreen.

In the low position, there is no more noise or wind than the original setup, even thou the screen sits a cm or two further out from the bike.

In the highest position, it gives at least the same wind protection as the larger screen from the adventure kit. The angle is a little different so for me, the original screen with the adjuster feels better than the larger screen. (i'm 182cm, seat in highest position)

Compared to the larger windscreen, my shoulders is slightly more exposed with the original screen and the adjuster, but that is ok. The larger screen gives a lot of vibrations if you are behind a big truck when the speed is 100kmh +. With the original screen and the adjuster, this is much less noticeable.

The quality is very good. Looks like its made by an enthusiast, its solid and easy to use with gloves.

I have the version with the GPS mount. (Still waiting for my GPS, Garmin zūmo 595LM)

I also have a tripmaster somewhere in the mail, so my only worries is how to fit them both..

Kenneth
Norway
Mad Frosty and Steve like this.
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi Kenneth,

many thanks for your nice feedback, glad you´re satisfied with the quality and how it works for you
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best regards from Bavaria,
Wolfgang

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:45 PM

Was on holidays to Scotland, arrived back home yesterday and found the Screen Adjuster. Will install asap.

Allroadtoad

2016 CRF1000 Africa Twin-DCT
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 10:29 PM

I've just got back from working in spain and my screen adjuster is here will try and fit this week.......cheers
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 AM

Garage
My AT Red Rally Manual arrived today

Picking my bike up in a couple of days, just sent you a e-mail for screen adjuster with gps mount. Thank's
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Hello

I got a adjuster too from batzen and i must say the build quality looks good.
the shipment was fast and i got the adjuster with the gps mount.
I had a hard time to keep the gps at the same level when i was hitting deep potholes i had to use a allen key (inbus) to secure it as hard as possible.(gps = garmin 660)
Will have to see if it holds up during offroading.(maybe superglue the hinge when needed).
Adjusting the screen is easy and i think you can find a sweet spot ,i am 1,83m high and i needed just a few cm to get it right .
i get lots of air flow on my chest with the original screen.
And i rode with my mx helmet, i could get the air flow on top of the peak (screen high position) but then i got buffeting and my helmet started shaking.
with the screen in low position +/_ 2 a 4 cm higher than original i liked it the most i got a nice air flow in the helmet and the chest too without my helmet shaking in all directions.
Note i do ride with custom ear plugs and i don't think there was a position i could ride without them ,but i only rode for 600 km with the screen adjuster and i haven't tried my other helmets .
My overall conclusion :
I it worth it :YES , i think being able to shift the screen to find your sweet spot is great.
the installation is easy and the overall quality is good.
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi Loanster, many thanks for your feedback
. About the GPS and keeping in position, was it some vibrations at the GPS or did the hinge turn down? Normally no alen key needed, you can tighten it very firmly with the lever, you can´t turn it completley 360° because there is not enough space, but if you pull out the lever and turn back, you can use it like a kind of ratchet and step my step the hing is tighten very firmly, same like using an alen key for the bolt on the right site.

Best regards from Bavaria,
Wolfgang
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 09:33 AM

Hi Wolfgang
when i hit some bigger potholes the gps tilted down a little and i had too push it up again.
with lever alone i could not secure it enough because the bold would turn with lever.
I had too put the allen key in the bold and hold the lever to tighten the hinge enough.
And for now it is good .
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 10:16 AM

Garage
My screen adjuster arrive very fast. I had it installed in about 20 minutes and the quality is top notch. Thank you again Wolfgang, it performs great, and looks good too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page