Batzen screen adjuster and GPS mount - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 13Likes

post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Batzen screen adjuster and GPS mount

Hi all,

I ride a Triumph Explorer, as many riders have problems with wind noise and buffeting on their bike, about 3 years ago I created a toolless screen adjuster for this bike which worked great and a part like this was not availalbe on the market. Lot of Explorer riders worldwide know the part as "Batzen screen adjuster" and even my Nickname is well known.
If you want to have a look and for reputation, hereīs a link to my parts at international Explorer forum:

KLICK

Sold more than 1000 of my parts till now, because the part works great and offer best service. Itīs a commercial side job, donīt live by developing, producing and selling my parts - always create parts for my current own bike and the bikes of my friends, furthermore only parts wich are not available otherwise on the market. .....ok, my wife always says Iīm little bit bike-mad
Why now here? Friend of mine got the new AT and was not pleased with wind protection, so he asked me if it would be possible for me to create a screen adjuster for the AT as I have done for the Explorer. After some storm in my head several prototypes and testing, the part is ready now and I startet a first 50s batch witch will be available soon. My height is 1,78m, with the standard screen of the AT I could ride up to 100km/h with visor open, helmet is X-lite 441 Enduro and war glasses. Not bad, but could be improved we thought, best without a "monster screen" .
Hereīs the result of the AT adjuster, parts are made of steel, laser cutted and will be powder coated with an additional special undercoat which is 6000h salt resistend, best powder coating quality available.
Caused by construction top of screen in lowest position is about 2.5cm higher and there is an adjust range of 7cm, total of 9.5cm possible additional height. Several after market screens can be even mounted on the adjuster.

There will be 2 versions available, No. 1 only for height adjustment and No. 2 with a integrated GPS mount above the speedo, as you can see on the pics.
Would be nice to get some feedback, what you think about the part
How easy and fast can be adjusted in height:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEX9...ature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160419_194033.jpg
Views:	3474
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	4210   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160419_193730.jpg
Views:	3180
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	4218   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160419_193654.jpg
Views:	3281
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4226  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:42 PM

Well done , that is how the bike should have come out of factory - with adjustable screen .
I am sure that you will find some customers here .
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks Frosty, thatīs what everybody said about the Explorer after I made the part .... and big T took about 4 years till the brought a height adjustment at the update this April. Every part I make shall improve a bike, not only for blingbling .
havenīt calculated exactly the price till now, still on purchasing some standard parts. But will be about 80 Euro for standard and 125 Euro with GPS mount, included all mounting parts. Thatīs about 90 / 141 bucks at moment.

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:08 AM

how much to post to australia??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batzen View Post
Many thanks Frosty, thatīs what everybody said about the Explorer after I made the part .... and big T took about 4 years till the brought a height adjustment at the update this April. Every part I make shall improve a bike, not only for blingbling .
havenīt calculated exactly the price till now, still on purchasing some standard parts. But will be about 80 Euro for standard and 125 Euro with GPS mount, included all mounting parts. Thatīs about 90 / 141 bucks at moment.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:28 AM

I live in the Netherlands, am 1.95 and very keen on your product. Any idea of when your screen adjuster is ready? You`re in the EU I suppose?

Allroadtoad

2016 CRF1000 Africa Twin-DCT
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:28 AM

count me in when ready to sell, I'm in USA so curious about postage cost but very interested all the same!
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Yep, Iīm located in Germany.

introduction at forum

-------------------------------

Price calculated now:
standard version 79 Euro inkl. VAT and all mounting parts,
with included GPS bracket 129 Euro inkl. VAT.

insured shipping with DHL:

5 Euro inside Germany
11 Euro inside EU
19 Euro to the rest of the world,

For payment Iīll offer PayPal or bank transfer.

As the part is not available yet, for non-binding pre-orders send a mail to " gsadventure@gmx.net " and I keep everybody informed as soon as parts are available. Please let me know which version youīd like to order.
As the parts go to powder coater next Tuesday, it will take about 2-3 weeks to receive them back for sale, out of my influence.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allroadtoad View Post
I live in the Netherlands, am 1.95 and very keen on your product. Any idea of when your screen adjuster is ready? You`re in the EU I suppose?
Think at your height you would need an additional higher touring screen on the adjuster, thatīs my experience about the part on the Explorer, had a lot of customers with height from 1,90m - 2,06m
Mad Frosty likes this.
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 08:28 AM

I'll have one batzen, email has been sent
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 03:14 PM

My first post......and it's for this great idea! Fantastic! I sent you an email. Eagerly awaiting your product. 👌🏽😎👍🏽

Don't threaten me with a good time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page