Which Boots - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:23 AM

I bought a pair of the Honda Adventure Boots, they are the Toucan gore tex , By Alpinestars, very comfortable and easy enough to walk in, Do find the tops are quite large, which makes it difficult to get my pants over the top,

Adventure before Dementia,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

After trying may Brands mostly the ones suggested by you all, these TCX Track EVO Waterproof Boots fitted me the best and felt really comfortable from the second I put them on. Any comments please??

The Burger.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

No news or "comments" is good news, so I bought them.

The Burger.

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 05:25 AM

Garage
Forget the rest, I have tried lots of boot over my time and suggest that if you are looking for an inexpensive, water proof boot that is definitely the most comfortable on the market, then purchase the Forma adventure boot. I have used these now for over 2 years and will never purchase another brand. They are extremly waterproof, (keep up the leather conditioner), and definitely the most comfortable. Yes, there are lots of other brands to choose from, however, for the price, you can't go wrong - quality boots!

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing."
O. W. H.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:30 AM

Forma Adventure high boots are waterproof and comfortable to walk in, only drawback is you need wide trouser legs to go over or you have to tuck your pants in.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Forget the rest, I have tried lots of boot over my time and suggest that if you are looking for an inexpensive, water proof boot that is definitely the most comfortable on the market, then purchase the Forma adventure boot. I have used these now for over 2 years and will never purchase another brand. They are extremly waterproof, (keep up the leather conditioner), and definitely the most comfortable. Yes, there are lots of other brands to choose from, however, for the price, you can't go wrong - quality boots!
Hi Chris, yea I looked and tried the Forma's they were very comfortable but I didn't like the way they bent from side to side at the ankle area, (I know that's what makes them easy to walk in) but I didn't feel as they would offer any sideways ankle protection/stability. obviously many riders have got them and are happy with them, so next time I'll look at them again, Cheers.

The Burger.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Good old Rossi's, wear em to the pub...mos comfy boots I own.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:30 PM

Check out the TCX Desert Gore Tex boots. Just got a pair- wear them commuting- love them. Comfy, waterproof and breathable. Good feel for the bike and the pegs, good traction, comfy to walk in. Very happy.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:05 PM

I bought a pair of Alt-Berg Hogg Standards a couple of years ago and they are brilliant for my everyday use, however, if I was going seriously off road I'd look out my old Tech-3s. Living within visiting distance of the Alt-Berg factory made it an easy choice as getting a pair of made to measure boots for around 200 is a bargain. The factory itself is worth the visit, friendly helpful staff and real passion for what they do.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Fox Comp5

Honestly I wear a pair of Fox Comp5 Boots they're Cheap and tough i broke my lower leg in an off on my CRF450x and there was a crack 4' above my ankle but it never broke because the boot was so strong but then it broke both bones above the boot.

"I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page