Which HELMET - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 12:13 PM

My dealer has the Honda liveried Tour X4 on offer and I thought it would be rude not to treat myself

Tri colour Africa Twin / BMW 1050 Siebenrock GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 05:38 PM

Lovin the XD-4

More Hondas than others
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:02 PM

Schuberth E1 - BUT, I am finding it very hot. Riding in 28+ degree C is uncomfortably hot, even with all vents open.

Africa Twin 2016 - Current
BWM GS1200 Adventure (12) - sold; BWM GS1200 Adventure (07) - sold; BWM GS1200 - sold; BWM GS1150 Adventure - sold; BMW GS1150 - sold; BMW F 650 (why?) - sold; Honda VF1000R - sold; Honda VF750F - sold; Suzuki GS 1000G - sold; Suzuki GT 750 - sold; Suzuki RM250 - sold; Suzuki 550GT - sold; Honda CB360 - sold; Yamaha XT250 - sold; Honda CB175 - sold; Yamaha DT50 - sold

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 11:38 PM

Garage
Touratech Aventuro Mod. The best.
DreamRider likes this.

J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvanryn View Post
DD why are you switching from the AGV back to Arai? The AX8 is one that I am seriously considering along with the Nexx XD1. I'd hate to plunk down 400 or 500 on a helmet and then find that I don't like it.
It's not a bad helmet, but I find that it doesn't work real well for me on the AT: the airflow over the bike's screen catches the peak real bad at well below motorway speeds and puts a lot of pressure on my neck muscles. And I don't want to keep taking the peak on and off on this helmet because the fixing screws are very weak. Those problems disappear when using the AX8 with a naked bike, which shows that is not the helmet itself but the combination of helmet, bike and rider.
I borrowed an Arai XD4 to try out with the AT and although there is some buffeting there is a lot less pressure on my head and neck. It just seems to work better for me with the AT. Plus I've had the Arai before and it is a quality bit of gear.
pvanryn likes this.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoPumps View Post
I am wearing a Shoei Hornet X2 Seeker in Red.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Great fit for my head, good venting and quiet compromise. No buffeting for me with my AT and MRA Vario Touring Screen. It matches the color scheme of my rally red AT to boot.
Thanks guys, after much deliberation on price and fit and comfort and fit and comfort and fit and comfort, I chose the Shoei.
As I will be wearing it on long trips I figured I needed (did I mention) the fit and comfort for me, price no longer came into the equation.
Love it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Burger.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:20 AM

Garage
NEXX XD1, just got it in yesterday, did a video on it, will post next monday. Pretty excited to get is and I will do a full review on it after i have some miles on it. But for me, one of the big selling points is the sun shade you can pull down. I have light sensitive eyes and shoving sunglasses into a helmet never really works right for me. I have been using a Bilt, from cycle gear, it works ok if your gong slow but tons of wind and other noise, so Looking forward to seeing how well this one will work. I looks awesome I will say that.

Thank you and have a blessed week
Dale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page